More Severe Flash Floods Hit Pattaya Following Just 1 Hour Of Heavy Rain

Rimmer

More severe flash floods hit Pattaya following just 1 hour of heavy rain

PATTAYA: -- Flash floods late on Thursday Night highlighted the continuing problems with inadequate drainage throughout the city. Only 1 hour of heavy rain caused chaos in some areas around Pattaya which experienced torrents of rain water flowing through the streets. Many are blaming the problem on poor refuse collection and street cleaning services which causes drains to become blocked. Unfortunately the bad weather is set to continue with heavy rainstorms predicted for Friday Night and for Saturday.

Full story and pictures: HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-10-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Many are blaming the problem on poor refuse collection and street cleaning services which causes drains to become blocked

i am nt to sure if this happens where there was flooding, but i always see thais in bangkok dropping fat, food you name it down the drains, also just leaving rubbish in the middle of the path wating to be picked up, not even put into proper black bags...

i always find in thailand, the blame is always shifted to someone else, and no one will ever claim responsibitly

Any update following this afternoons thunderstorms?

It was barely drizzling this afternoon. No problems that I was aware of.

Last night 2nd Road near Soi Diana was awash with up to 2 feet of evil-smelling liquid. It was gone by morning.

Many are blaming the problem on poor refuse collection and street cleaning services which causes drains to become blocked

i am nt to sure if this happens where there was flooding, but i always see thais in bangkok dropping fat, food you name it down the drains, also just leaving rubbish in the middle of the path wating to be picked up, not even put into proper black bags...

i always find in thailand, the blame is always shifted to someone else, and no one will ever claim responsibitly

Boater I have seen the same thing in Soi Buakow,like they say you reap what you sow.

In a normal city, the MAYOR would be held responsible for lack of action to prevent this predictable flooding when it rains heavily. So I reckon this won't ever be fixed, right?

Your opening phrase says it all JT. :whistling:

Pattaya Flooding After Heavy Downpours Last Night

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya, October 7, 2011[PDN]; Last night heavy continuous rains were reported in Pattaya and nearby areas. The flooding was caused by flood water being dumped into the lower lying areas causing hardship for tourists and locals.

Upon inspection of the area in Soi Wat Boonsumpun and Soi Khao Noi, Central Pattaya the City Hall officials found the level of flood water higher than 50 cm making if hazardous for passenger cars to drive through. Some of the vehicles stalled in the flood water and there were engine damages caused by water splashed up into the engine compartment.

Story and pictures HERE

-- PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-10-08

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

In a normal city, the MAYOR would be held responsible for lack of action to prevent this predictable flooding when it rains heavily. So I reckon this won't ever be fixed, right?

Perhaps he should spend a bit more time attending to NORMAL mayoral duties, rather than seeking-out each and every photo-opportunity going.

E.g. those pictures that were put-up near the pedestrian crossings. :huh:

Simon