Bicycle Manufacturers In Thailand

bannork

My brother runs a bicyle business in the UK and nearby countries, he used to buy from Dawes but would rather buy direct from the producers. He says the last batch were of excellent quality and were produced in Thailand but he's not sure where.I'm just wondering if anyone knows a reliable manufacturer.

Thanking you in advance.

LA-Bicycle is the only Thai branded bike I have seen (albeit here on Samui.) I have one of their mountain bikes. Pricing seems to be half way between Tescos and Trek! Not an expert so can't comment on quality etc.

I was recommended an LA Sovereign bike for general cycling round the town and nearby countryside from a good cycle shop. Its a "Bulky 2.6" with extras cost me 5300bts and have been very pleased with it and have done over 1300kms since I have had it, so yes LA .

LA-Bicycle is the only Thai branded bike I have seen (albeit here on Samui.) I have one of their mountain bikes. Pricing seems to be half way between Tescos and Trek! Not an expert so can't comment on quality etc.

LA Bicycles are the only manufacturers that I have heard off here too.

LA Bicycles are the only manufacturers that I have heard off here too.

I commonly see a brand called "coppi."

some of these Chinese/Taiwan carbon frames are looking more and more attractive. Even after an import tax they are solid price and performance. These are the same as makes like Jamis, Giant, Scott etc.

Lots of discussion and feedback on sites like Mtbr

here is a long thread about 29 carbon frames. $350 to $550 buys a heck of a frame. Lots of other choices in the road, 26 mtb and CX varieties also.

The carbon 29 frames are slick. Internal cable routing, Post type disc mount, ~1100 to 1200 grams.

Some people are going up to China and buying a bike and riding it around and getting it a little dusty and then bringing it back to Thailand as a used bike without import tax.

29 Chinese Carbon frame thread

You will have to create a free account to see pictures and make posts but a good resource. I have seen a few of these chinese frames being ridden in CM. They look nice.

post-27132-0-46371400-1318154806_thumb.j