Which Online Datingsite Is Farang Woman Friendly?

MangoAndCo

I think that what MangandCo is looking for and what you gentleman are chasing is too different things. She is looking for a relationship built on mutual interests / intellectual stimulation. You are looking for sex on a tap, please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how it sounds. Part of the whole dating thing is getting to know someone before you shag them, the anticipation of what it will be like, this does tend to make it more interesting. Sometimes a little disappointing too, but it has always been part of the game. An old friend of mine once told me "don't bang'em on the first night cos they won't come back for more, it puts you in 'that' category of girl".

Here, a relationship starts with sex, if you both enjoy the sex it might develop into a relationship.

The western ideal of romance just doesn't work in this situation.

I can understand western women getting frustrated, but out here a guy doesn't have to wait, and if he does wait then expect him to be doing someone else while he is waiting.

I have always looked for lasting relationships, but they have to include sex.

Totally agree with the above.

Sex on the first date can be a bit too quick, but I can't help than wonder if women who want to date for a long time before having sex really do enjoy sex or if they have a bit of an aversion for touching a man's body and therefore need a long time to get accustomed to him.

I wonder if that is a consequence of western "cocoon"/religious education or if it is the same for women who grew up in and environment where they were less "shielded" and in a society where they are accustomed to take pleasure when available as opposed to the judeo-christian masochist way of delaying things and abstaining today to better enjoy tomorrow...

To make a long story short, if it doesn't work after the second or third date, I will assume the girl doesn't want sex with me and is a timewaster.

Interesting, as most of the Thai women I know would not have sex on the first date nor even the second or third. But perhaps it still boils down to the kinds of women who would actively pursue a western man.

What's the average age and occupation of the Thai women you know?

I'm probably not interested in the average woman.

If sex takes a long time before it happens, the woman probably has other priorities than sanook. Some people may consider this to be positive, but I want a sanook relationship and as few headaches as possible.

I've had some dates in Bangkok where things did move rather fast, the girls were young and fun-seeking.

Also met some Isaan girls who were rather fast.

Edited by manarak

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, as most of the Thai women I know would not have sex on the first date nor even the second or third. But perhaps it still boils down to the kinds of women who would actively pursue a western man.

What a Thai person tells her friends and relatives, and what she actually does are not the same thing.

I would think Thai ladies are even less open with foreign friends as they would understand how judgmental foreigners are about sex.

The company I keep is usually, University students, doctors nurses, lecturers (in case you were wondering)

Edited by ludditeman

I know southern women. Southerners are rather different from the rest of Thailand (and no I dont' mean just the Muslims for those who don't understand the South).

but I rather think you completely missed my point, and I can't really be bothered to try and explain it.

That matches my own experience with Thai women.

• 2 weeks later...

OP, as suggested by another member try "Tagged".

As for dating sites, PlentyofFish, DateinAsia, Ok!Cupid, Thailovelinks, ThailandFriends, ThaiFriendly.

About a year and a half ago i tried them out. Mail box got flooded! Lots of guys interested, both Thai and Farang. I had never tried a dating site before, and as im not a party girl and spend a lot of time enjoying my own fairly solitary pursuits (motorbike riding, exercise, daytrips etc), its not easy to meet someone, particularly someone like-minded (friends or otherwise). It ended up being a really nice ego boost. I presented my profile in a fun and friendly way. Stated my interests and my photos reflected that. Also stated was i was (and was not) looking for in someone else.

In the end i became too shy to actually meet up (all except for one), which kind of defeated the object..! ..but i was actually just testing out the waters really. You get some nut jobs of course, and some pretty pathetic guys (ie: how much to f*** you? Do you have a tight ..you get the picture), but i was already thick skinned from thaivisa (haha :P)

Well anyway, as i mentioned, i did meet with one guy..under the premise of meeting as friends. I wont go into my personal life too much..but its been over a year now, and we are still together.

There are many guys out there who are interested in meeting a nice woman, regardless of nationality/race.

If you do decide to give it a shot, just be prepared to ignore the weirdos and have fun.

Best of luck :)

I think that what MangandCo is looking for and what you gentleman are chasing is too different things. She is looking for a relationship built on mutual interests / intellectual stimulation. You are looking for sex on a tap, please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how it sounds. Part of the whole dating thing is getting to know someone before you shag them, the anticipation of what it will be like, this does tend to make it more interesting. Sometimes a little disappointing too, but it has always been part of the game. An old friend of mine once told me "don't bang'em on the first night cos they won't come back for more, it puts you in 'that' category of girl".

Here, a relationship starts with sex, if you both enjoy the sex it might develop into a relationship.

I can understand western women getting frustrated, but out here a guy doesn't have to wait, and if he does wait then expect him to be doing someone else while he is waiting.

Totally agree with the above.

Sex on the first date can be a bit too quick, but I can't help than wonder if women who want to date for a long time before having sex really do enjoy sex or if they have a bit of an aversion for touching a man's body and therefore need a long time to get accustomed to him.

I wonder if that is a consequence of western "cocoon"/religious education or if it is the same for women who grew up in and environment where they were less "shielded" and in a society where they are accustomed to take pleasure when available as opposed to the judeo-christian masochist way of delaying things and abstaining today to better enjoy tomorrow...

To make a long story short, if it doesn't work after the second or third date, I will assume the girl doesn't want sex with me and is a timewaster.

Sounds like you dont really like Thai women or western men

You know snamos, I always find these kinds of responses amusing since you really have no clue as to what you are talking about except your own prejudices and preconceived notions. I would highly recommend to you that you re-think your aggressive and attacking attitude before posting again.

ahh its not worth the argument rolleyes.gif you win

Mistress whiplash is she who must be obeyed. Or else your bum side will be raw from the whipping she dishes out.

Getting back to the original poster, where is a good place to go internet dating. Well it appears Thailovelinks is kind of the "King" of the internet dating in Thailand. It is mostly set up for hooking up Thais. I.E. alot of Thai girls, with alot of old geezer men from foreign countries. The Thais also use it locally to meet other local Thais. Very popular. If you go on that site you will get tons for response, but mostly from Thai guys.

If you are looking for Western males, I would try suggesting Zoosk. They have a Thailand section, and there are alot of falang people looking on that site.

And also, if anyone perhaps sees my profile anywhere, just to be clear. I am single now. I broke up with the last girlfriend. However Thaivisa will not allow me to change my avatar. (Been having problems with that). So long story short: I ain't a lout!

one pointless post & the reply to it deleted & a couple of off topic posts also removed.

Jut an FYI, abusive pm's are against the forum rules, if you have received any then report them to moderators for review.

I was bored the other day.... well meant to doing work, but avoiding it. I put a profile on Plenty of Fish, that certainly gets you some responses..... interesting ones too, but not in a bad way. I clarify that because of course some of the more defensive here will assume I am saying bad things about them when I am not.:ph34r:

try Thailovelinks - very popular dating site. See a couple of western women on it now and again - you will have a lot of competition (guys can get 30 or 40 girls contact them a day easy) but you have something different to offer than all these girls. You can join for free as a standard user.

Every farang woman I've seen on TLL has been a scammer. I'm not suggesting for a second that is the case with you. They all fit a pattern, occupation, where they live in Thailand and a couple of other pointers, including not wanting to chat on TLL but expressing a wish to go straight to skype or msn. I reported hundreds in three months and all were removed within a very short time by the site owners. It will be immediately obvious to a man who is even a little astute that you aren't a scammer

try Thailovelinks - very popular dating site. See a couple of western women on it now and again - you will have a lot of competition (guys can get 30 or 40 girls contact them a day easy) but you have something different to offer than all these girls. You can join for free as a standard user.

Every farang woman I've seen on TLL has been a scammer. I'm not suggesting for a second that is the case with you. They all fit a pattern, occupation, where they live in Thailand and a couple of other pointers, including not wanting to chat on TLL but expressing a wish to go straight to skype or msn. I reported hundreds in three months and all were removed within a very short time by the site owners. It will be immediately obvious to a man who is even a little astute that you aren't a scammer

You caught my attention. If the woman doesn't want to chat using TLL, but prefers to use Skype or msn this is a warning flag. My question is "Why is this a problem"?

To answer your question Mike, there is a problem on TLL with scammers not from Thailand. In other words, there are people from Ghana, Nigeria, Seychelles (African countries) posting up pictures of attractive girls, with the purpose of meeting men, winning their hearts and then asking for money. The Africans will post pictures of both Falang and Thai girls, usually very attractive. Sometimes you can obviously tell it is not a "real" girl (or boy) because the pictures they use are obviously professional modelling shots. TLL has a policy to shut these people down. You will see profiles pulled and whatnot once someone complains to TLL. The pulled profile is then replaced by another picture and another identity. So it is an ongoing problem that once TLL finds out about it, they just use another identity. They don't like to use the TLL chat because after putting weeks of effort into snaring someone then the profile is pulled. And some other messenger programs give you the ability to trace where the person you are talking to is actually at. So that's why.

These people will also give you the story that "I am from Thailand" or "I was born in Thailand" or "from the USA" but then go on to say that they are in Ghana (or Nigeria) working with a (usually Catholic) charity.

Edited by submaniac

To answer your question Mike, there is a problem on TLL with scammers not from Thailand. In other words, there are people from Ghana, Nigeria, Seychelles (African countries) posting up pictures of attractive girls, with the purpose of meeting men, winning their hearts and then asking for money. The Africans will post pictures of both Falang and Thai girls, usually very attractive. Sometimes you can obviously tell it is not a "real" girl (or boy) because the pictures they use are obviously professional modelling shots. TLL has a policy to shut these people down. You will see profiles pulled and whatnot once someone complains to TLL. The pulled profile is then replaced by another picture and another identity. So it is an ongoing problem that once TLL finds out about it, they just use another identity. They don't like to use the TLL chat because after putting weeks of effort into snaring someone then the profile is pulled. And some other messenger programs give you the ability to trace where the person you are talking to is actually at. So that's why.

These people will also give you the story that "I am from Thailand" or "I was born in Thailand" or "from the USA" but then go on to say that they are in Ghana (or Nigeria) working with a (usually Catholic) charity.

Okay Thanks for clearing that up , Now I understand the problem.

Okay Thanks for clearing that up , Now I understand the problem.

Sub pretty much has it right Mike. If you PM me I will give you the pointers to a scammer, at least the ones I've found, and never missed. I don't want to post them here because the scammers will see them and develop new techniques. Asking for money on the TLL chat line is forbidden and results in immediate banning, so the first thing they ask is for you to go to msn or skype.

It's not just women. I have a profile on Plenty of Fish and I get about one a day from men. They have moved on from Nigeria apparently and are all from Cameroon, which many of them have been unable to spell correctly. Lol.

I've suggested to TLL that they build in filters, and when several of the pointers show up in a profile, that person could be banned as an automatic process. It would be easy to do but they haven't taken it up. I guess being a business, that costs money, and business is more about money coming in than money going out. Some of the scammers actually take out the upgraded membership which is revenue, so that's another reason to not ban without the profile being reported; that way the members do the work for them.

sbk said Interesting, as most of the Thai women I know would not have sex on the first date nor even the second or third. But perhaps it still boils down to the kinds of women who would actively pursue a western man. (or a western woman pursuing a Thai man? Thai men I expect being no different from western men in that regard?)

Women just don't admit it sbk. I don't think women are different from men in that regard, at least not in the 21st century, and sex on a first date is almost normal, a little like having a meal together, unfortunate but true.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I've never slept with a man, thai or other on a first date & it was ever pushed for nor expected. And you'd be surprised what women talk about when alone, just becuase the women you date sleep with you on the first date is not indicative of all women. ;)

To add... the women in our group have no western bf's & would never conduct the first dates without a chaperone. My husbands best mate married his gf after a year long courtship & they were not alone for the first 2 months of their relationship. Nether of these people were virginal teens, both were over 30 years old, he had been married before but she hadn't & it was expected (by her & her family) & accepted (by him) that this was how it had to be.

Amongst our thai only group, this is the norm rather than the exception.

I've never slept with a man, thai or other on a first date & it was ever pushed for nor expected. And you'd be surprised what women talk about when alone, just becuase the women you date sleep with you on the first date is not indicative of all women. ;)

You misread me Boo. I didn't say it was normal for me,nor did I say that is what I expect. What I did say is that is is unfortunate that sex has become not much more than a meal between friends, and I'm still somewhat 'old fashioned' in that way.

I can say that sex has been expected/anticipated on a first date by women of a number of nationalities I have spent time with, and I don't think it says anything in particular about the women other than that it is the social conditioning engendered by mediums such as TV programs.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I disagree: That depends entirely on the ‘type’ of lady you are ‘attempting to bang on the First night’…….

In my case and that of many friends who are dating or who have dated respectable ladies, the ‘bang on the first night’ was simply not an option.

In the case of each of my friends they are dating / married to financially independent and respected ladies in a similar age bracket.

So, to the Op. I know nothing of dating sites, but I guess there is some sort of worry that it attracts weirdo’s. And in a country such as Thailand it might be harder to ‘filter’ these out. The shoe is on the other foot also, men do have more choice than in the west mainly due to the financial distortion.

Ultimately, I suspect it’s just like dating in the west, but due to the ratio disparity (between Western Women and Men interested in Western Women in Thailand) there is less opportunity to meet a decent guy so you have to be more patient.

To be fair

I don't think you are representative of many women in Thailand.

Gee, I'd side with Boo on this one. Having a large family in Thailand with female cousins, and age range from 37 to 18, I just don't see sex on the first date happening with a "proper" Thai woman (in other words one who is not a bargirl). What Boo says is what I see with my own family. It's not "dating" like the West, where you just go out with someone and may or may not tell your family. With traditional Thai girls, its a "family affair". Like you don't just date a person, you date "the family". My cousin who is my age and married her boyfriend after 8 years of dating (and is now pregnant), it's like even in her late 20's she would tell her parents where she was going and what time she would be home and everything else. And she stuck to it. And she was always considered a good girl. (I have a feeling I am considered the "slut" of the family--but no one has told me outright yet, but I digress.)

Submaniac, good Thai girl or otherwise, the parents do not know, and are not told, everything that the daughter/son does. If you believe it does, you believe in the tooth fairy. To be fair, I don't have a lot of experience with Thai women, particularly young ones, but what you're suggesting is just not reality.

snapback.pngBoo, on Today, 09:07 , said:

ludditeman said, To be fair, I don't think you are representative of many women in Thailand.

I'd say that's accurate ludditeman, but not just of Thai women.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I'm with Corsair

I thought the whole 'rules of face' thing meant.

You could do whatever you liked, steal, cheat, lie, sleep around, as long as your family and neighbors didn't find out.

To be fair, I believe Boo lives in a mainly Muslim southern region which may behave entirely differently to the rest of Thailand.

Edited by ludditeman

Thats the way I was raised, sub, even today, when visiting home, if I go out I let someone know where I am going, its just considerate. We are all living together.

As for yours and Boo's experiences, well you just explained it better than I did, I guess. Mine are the same, and yes, Thai women are just like other women, we generally talk about all sorts of things you men would never ever hear about. And no, I didn't sleep with guys on the first date and would never let a man pressure me into sex. Hardly consensual then is it?

Ludditeman, the South of Thailand is not mainly Muslim, it is mixed, you are confusing the South with the Deep South which is a few provinces along the border with Malaysia. Southern Thailand begins at Chumpon and extends to the border. Southern women in general are far more conservative than Central, Northern and Isaan yes, its true, but not because they are Muslim.

Thats the way I was raised, sub, even today, when visiting home, if I go out I let someone know where I am going, its just considerate. We are all living together.

As for yours and Boo's experiences, well you just explained it better than I did, I guess. Mine are the same, and yes, Thai women are just like other women, we generally talk about all sorts of things you men would never ever hear about. And no, I didn't sleep with guys on the first date and would never let a man pressure me into sex. Hardly consensual then is it?

You know sbk, I said this very thing to some friends last week. Many farang believe that because the areas they frequent, Phuket and Pattaya mainly, have hordes of hookers, that is indicative of Thai women generally. I argued that they are just like women from other countries, mostly decent people making a living, probably no greater percentage of hookers once you get away from the grubby farang tourist hangouts. Along with that goes the behavior of young people, and they definitely don't tell parents everything they are doing. I'm with you though on common courtesies, and if I'm staying with friends, they know the hours I'll be keeping.

Edited by F4UCorsair