Tot Wireless

Nowhereman60

Have had mine since January, 2011, no real issues...just a day or so now and then of downtime, but repair has been prompt.

The only complaint I had was at initial installation and it was probably due to language problem. They said I needed "modem" and sold me one for 1000 baht. It was a "router", a very cheap router that would not allow network for other household computers. I already had a good router, was already networked from previous satellite with TOT (terrible service with that!).I switched out the routers, problem solved, but they wouldn't take back or refund their "modem".

All else OK, don't have 10 Mb, have what they claim is 6 Mb but works well and fast enough for me. I'm in the sticks, though...Surin area, not Pattaya.

Good luck!

Edited by mario299

I live in a rural area of Ratchaburi about 13 km outside of Ratchaburi city. We have no telephone lines. I was just lucky one day a TOt van went by the house and I stopped it and asked. They told me I could get internet but no telephone service.

Edited by Nowhereman60

I live in a rural area of Ratchaburi about 13 km outside of Ratchaburi city. We have no telephone lines. I was just lucky one day a TOt van went by the house and I stopped it and asked. They told me I could get internet but no telephone service.

We are in a village about 12 km west of Prasat.

TOT came to the village center and had a meeting saying they would erect a wireless tower if 16 customers in the area would commit. I had previously had TOT satellite (Ipstar) and it was horrible, but thought I'd give it another try. I was using air cards until then, again, very very slow.

They put up the tower, charged us 500 baht to run a phone line wire to the house (no phone service, this is ADSL internet only), and on New Year's Eve I had internet. And it is the fastest I have experienced here in the village EVER!

Good luck with yours. Not much more frustrating than 20th Century technology in the 21st Century.

:lol:

We are in a village about 12 km west of Prasat.

TOT came to the village center and had a meeting saying they would erect a wireless tower if 16 customers in the area would commit. I had previously had TOT satellite (Ipstar) and it was horrible, but thought I'd give it another try. I was using air cards until then, again, very very slow.

They put up the tower, charged us 500 baht to run a phone line wire to the house (no phone service, this is ADSL internet only), and on New Year's Eve I had internet. And it is the fastest I have experienced here in the village EVER!

Good luck with yours. Not much more frustrating than 20th Century technology in the 21st Century.

:lol:

Interesting, our village in Ban Kruat (Somewhere near Prasat) is getting ADSL this month. Another village next to ours has ADSL already.