Manila Anyone?

People.

Due to work comitments I'll be out of Thailand when my Non-O (support of wife) visa expires :o

Anyone got experience of obtaining same in Manila? I've got copies of all the usual docs, marriage cert, wifeys PP and ID card.

Cheers

If you are talking about an extension of stay of the one year type from immigration that has to be done in Thailand. If the problem is in the future they may be able to do early if you ask and provide proof of reasons.

If you are talking about a multi entry non immigrant O visa I wish you luck. Do not believe Manila to be multi friendly but you may be able to obtain a single entry.

If unable to obtain perhaps route yourself visa Penang on your return flight?

The RTE Manila is said to be a nightmare place for visa's.

Confirmed.... RTE Manila is NOT friendly . That may even be an understatement in this embassy's case for granting visas! ( Even with every paper under the sun provided, they still have been known to reject even a single entry) Perhaps someone has won with them, but I have not heard of one positive case.

I know of one case the woman had a work permit and they were asking for a WP 3.

Another case the visa had expired visa. They claim they could not issue even a 90 day visa because the visa should of been extended in Thailand.

Another case, full company docs given to obtain a non B , the RTE Manilas ask to see the holidays the foreigner would have off in the invitation letter and his salary. Then they ask for the WP3 when the applicant went to pick up his passport the next day and rejected it at that time.

www.lawyer.th.com

If you are talking about an extension of stay of the one year type from immigration that has to be done in Thailand.  If the problem is in the future they may be able to do early if you ask and provide proof of reasons.

I tried that once and they told me that, regardless of the reasons, it could be done no sooner than 30 days before expiration.

If you are talking about an extension of stay of the one year type from immigration that has to be done in Thailand.  If the problem is in the future they may be able to do early if you ask and provide proof of reasons.

I tried that once and they told me that, regardless of the reasons, it could be done no sooner than 30 days before expiration.

It would not be normal but from reports it has been done when conditions were deemed to be justified recently so it would probably be worth the try.

The RTE Manila is said to be a nightmare place for visa's.

Confirmed.... RTE Manila is NOT friendly . That may even be an understatement in this embassy's case for granting visas! ( Even with every paper under the sun provided, they still have been known to reject even a single entry) Perhaps someone has won with them, but I have not heard of one positive case.

I know of one case the woman had a work permit and they were asking for a WP 3.

Another case the visa had expired visa. They claim they could not issue even a 90 day visa because the visa should of been extended in Thailand.

Another case, full company docs given to obtain a non B , the RTE Manilas ask to see the holidays the foreigner would have off in the invitation letter and his salary. Then they ask for the WP3 when the applicant went to pick up his passport the next day and rejected it at that time.

www.lawyer.th.com

Impossible bastards :o

Yep, just got back from Manila a week ago, where I supplied everything needed for a one year multiple entry which they confirmed (I spent a week with my lawyer and the local immigration office to ensure I had all the necessary documents). But the Manila consulate told me that they have a standing policy of not issuing more then a 90 day single entry. So with all paper work in hand I walked out of there with a 90 day, single entry, non extendable, non imi-b. And the staff are really terrible, slow, lazy, its true and they were more interested in getting me their resumes for work back in Thailand then helping me get a visa :o .

Totally forget Manila, waste of office space and the "local"employees who man the desk are ignorant and arrogant. I had a huge bust up there and politely requested to see the Consul. No way was I allowed to get near him/her. So I spent a lot of money and got no where.

I have used both HK and Singapore and found them both very pleasant and dare I say it very helpful