Mac Osx Lion 10.7.2 Update

mikewet88

OS X 10.7.2 brings number of new enhancements beyond iCloud compatibility, including Safari 5.1.1 with ten featured improvements.

The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices. iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:

- iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.

- Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.

- Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.

Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit http://www.apple.com/icloud.

The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:

- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.

- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.

- Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.

- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.

- Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.

- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.

- Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.

- Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.

- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.

- Improve Active Directory integration.

For detailed information about Safari 5.1.1, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4922.

Source: Macrumors

If you want a copy of the update. Below is the download link:

OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 Client Combo

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Client)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1458

OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Server) Combo

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1461

OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Server)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1460

This is one HUGE update

I had to move my MobileMe account (good riddance, by the way!) to iCloud - not without hiccups. First the servers were overloaded. Then my @mac.com email account didn't work anymore - Apple now only supports @me.com - same thing really, but the error message I got in Mail.app was "server blahblahblah rejected password for ...." - so it wasn't too helpful. I just figured they'd probably phase out the @mac.com addresses by now. Changed to @me.com and no problem. It's very fast presumably because not too many people have upgraded yet ;)

I have a MacBook Pro with the Mac OS Version 10.6.8 installed. My question is, where can I get the Lion update here in BKK without having to pay buy credit card and download from the net? I don't use credit cards and was told by the iStudio at the Central Pinklao that was the only way to do it.

Surely there must be a place here that can download into my Mac?

I have a MacBook Pro with the Mac OS Version 10.6.8 installed. My question is, where can I get the Lion update here in BKK without having to pay buy credit card and download from the net? I don't use credit cards and was told by the iStudio at the Central Pinklao that was the only way to do it.

You can buy iTunes gift cards and redeem them in the Mac App store - basically, pay with a gift card instead of a credit card. You need a free Apple ID. Use your iTunes account.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4480

Gift cards can be purchased at those shops that sell grey import iPhones and iPads in the mall. I don't think the official Apple dealers are allowed to sell them - but can't hurt to ask.

Anyway - pay cash for the gift card, and use that to buy OS X Lion in the Mac app store.

Alternatively, get an installer from somebody who's already done it. I saved my installer, I imagine some Mac shops would be able to help you out. Downloading from the internet is risky - you might catch a virus.

Many vendors in Pantip have it in stock... Some even at a discount if you don't mind a cd instead of Apples USB fob B)

Edited by sfokevin

Many vendors in Pantip have it in stock... Some even at a discount if you don't mind a cd instead of Apples USB fob B)

yeah about 90% Discount if it on DVD instead of the Apple USB :P

You can buy iTunes gift cards and redeem them in the Mac App store - basically, pay with a gift card instead of a credit card. You need a free Apple ID. Use your iTunes account.

Gift cards can be purchased at those shops that sell grey import iPhones and iPads in the mall. I don't think the official Apple dealers are allowed to sell them - but can't hurt to ask.

Anyway - pay cash for the gift card, and use that to buy OS X Lion in the Mac app store.

Alternatively, get an installer from somebody who's already done it. I saved my installer, I imagine some Mac shops would be able to help you out. Downloading from the internet is risky - you might catch a virus.

Thanks Nikster, I used a card from a friend and got it downloaded and all seems to be working fine with the exception of my email. Will have to sort that out. Also having a hell of a time getting used to the scroll function being opposite from what I've been used to forever. Have any idea why they did this, because they could??

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

go to settings, mouse and click the mouse direction. It will be as before

Thanks Nikster, I used a card from a friend and got it downloaded and all seems to be working fine with the exception of my email. Will have to sort that out. Also having a hell of a time getting used to the scroll function being opposite from what I've been used to forever. Have any idea why they did this, because they could??

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Go to System preferences then trackpad and change your scroll preferences.