Looking For Recommendation For A Beginner Course

TheFox

Hi Golfers,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an introduction to golf course in BKK, over 2 or 3 days, with a decent price (so with a Thai teacher rather than international pro I guess).

After a google search, I found one website which never answered to my enquiry, and another one who quoted me something like 30K baht, which didn't sound reasonable for 3 days of lessons.

Most packages to be found on the web seem to include accomodations, which I don't need.

Could you please recommend any better options?

Thanks

Peter

. It really depends on where you are going to be staying, you wont want to travel miles will you? I am in Cahtuchak area and know of pros in that area who could show you how to hit a ball, three days is not long enough to do more than that.

. It really depends on where you are going to be staying, you wont want to travel miles will you? I am in Cahtuchak area and know of pros in that area who could show you how to hit a ball, three days is not long enough to do more than that.

This my opinion only... golf lessons will cost about 2000 bht per hour a Thai pro will be a little less, tgeezer is right 3 days would be a waste of lots of your money and you would just about learn to hit the ball unless you are very talented!! I think 2 hours is long enough to learn how to hit a golf ball and to learn the very basic golf swing, I had 2 lessons when I was 15 yrs old after that I learnt by watching others in particular pro's on the tv, mimicking others is how I learnt to play golf well, if you want to go down the golf lesson road you really need to have many lessons with the same teacher which will cost you a vast amount of money... hope this is helpfully and good luck...

Go to your local driving range and see if they have a golf pro available to teach swing lessons. Don't know which area of BKK you are in, out in the 'burbs, (Minburi) is a driving range, they offer a course of 10 hours for 8,000 Baht (get 2 free lessons), this over a period of 2 weeks or so.

Go to your local driving range and see if they have a golf pro available to teach swing lessons. Don't know which area of BKK you are in, out in the 'burbs, (Minburi) is a driving range, they offer a course of 10 hours for 8,000 Baht (get 2 free lessons), this over a period of 2 weeks or so.

OP wants over 2/3 days so 2 weeks or so is no good, did you read his post?

Yes, I certainly did. I was simply offering my input to another aspect of learning golf swing lessons. Simply put, go to your local driving range and see what is on offer. If you want to partake of a longer training session, at least in between lessons, you can go golf and see how your lessons are working for you and then see what you are weak on and on your next lesson mention this to your teacher, and work on that weakness.

Yes, I certainly did. I was simply offering my input to another aspect of learning golf swing lessons. Simply put, go to your local driving range and see what is on offer. If you want to partake of a longer training session, at least in between lessons, you can go golf and see how your lessons are working for you and then see what you are weak on and on your next lesson mention this to your teacher, and work on that weakness.

I cast my vote in support of metisdead here.

Another option (and potentially the one I would want to recommend, is to get in contact with Paul Higginbotham at the Bangkok Gof Training Centre. They already have 3 day packages that include accommodation, but they will tailor a package for you if required.

http://www.bangkokgo...y/packages.html

23k for unlimited golf at the par 3 course, unlimited balls at the range, 9 hrs tuition at the range, bunker and putting green and ON THE COURSE sounds very reasonable to me. I'd contact Paul and ask him to deduct the accommodation and other bits if you're not interested in nightly transports to shopping malls. The place in question even feature a golf course with night golf, so if you get tired of the par 3 why not try the full length course one night?

Thanks everyone for your answers.

To clarify, I'm not currently living in Thailand, those 3 days would be during a short stay in BKK, hence the need to compress them instead of spread them out in 1-2 hours session.

I'd love to be able to just learn golf as I go by playing and getting better, but where I live a green card is required to register for a game, and as a result I don't think I can play at all until I've had some training.

To situate my golf level : I'm very much a beginner but after a couple lessons by a family member and 2 driving range session I can definitely hit the ball reliably with a correct posture (as observed by friends who know how to play). Now I need someone to take me from the basic swing to actually playing ...

I know you are talking about Bangkok, but the Asia Hotel in Pattaya has a very short 9 hole course that is ideal for beginners. I'm sure the hotel could hook you up with a teaching pro.

Just another option for you to think about.

I know you are talking about Bangkok, but the Asia Hotel in Pattaya has a very short 9 hole course that is ideal for beginners. I'm sure the hotel could hook you up with a teaching pro.

Just another option for you to think about.

Thanks Chuck, maybe I can try Pattaya another time.