Dave2'S Best Of เชียงใหม่ Photo Thread

keo

2009 when the Red Shirts were staging outside the Chiang Mai Government Hall

I wanted to go in with my wife & renew her passport.

The BIB were about 50/50 smiles & grimaces

post-51988-0-27817200-1318564161_thumb.j

I love that picture, flying. I enjoy pictures of people with mixed expressions on their faces.

Local electricians never cease to amaze me going up bamboo ladders and playing around with wiring that could kill them with one false move.

Street_electricians.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I llike this one, LJW

burma1.jpg

This is close to the same spot, but from the Mai Sai side.

Mae_Sai_006.jpg

But, back on topic... One of the many buddhas within the main city of Chiang Mai

Reclining_Budha.jpg

And one of the many fruit stall markets in Chiang Mai

Chiang_Mai_market.jpg

Yes, she is standing at the start of the trail to the guesthouse. 20 years ago, this was the place where you could catch a small boat and cross the river, 10 years or so ago when the Tamruat moved in, they moved the boat downstream a bit, but it later died a natural death. I never liked the construction that went up there because I could no longer park next to the stream and kick back for awhile :)

Edited by LJW

I've always given talks with illustrations and movies. I guess it comes from the artistic side of me... or maybe it goes back to my picture book days.

The Royal garden exhibit is supposed to have a show in November. It's always worth a visit.

Floral_004.jpg

Floral_002.jpg

Floral_001.jpg

Even if it's for no other reason than seeing an artistic display of gourds and vegetables.

Floral_109.jpg

Personally, I loved the wide variety of orchids.

Floral_085.sized.jpg

Floral_089.jpg

These six teenagers stopped their motorcycle long enough to have their picture taken, and then they slowly rode off down the street.

post-55993-0-31107800-1318594681_thumb.j

And I really cannot figure out the significance of this phallic monument.

post-55993-0-72114900-1318594826_thumb.j

And I really cannot figure out the significance of this phallic monument.

HAHA! Drive past it quite regularly, and it never ceases to have me in stitches! Who knows what goes on in that MooBaan. :blink:

These six teenagers stopped their motorcycle long enough to have their picture taken, and then they slowly rode off down the street.

I've seen six children on a bike before, but six teenagers - that is something! Great shot!

Keep em coming folks!

I've seen six children on a bike before, but six teenagers - that is something! Great shot!

Keep em coming folks!

Just as an aside--and not a Chiang Mai photo I don't think--here's a motorcycle that's more than a bit overloaded: NINE (9)...4 adults, 3 school-aged kids, and 2 babies!!!!!!!!! And that's just those who we can see; maybe there are more on the other side of the cycle.

post-55993-0-32326900-1318598668_thumb.j

srenitynow.

re .. I thought it was a Dave2 homage thread;

to be honest i dont know why my names in the title coz as most locals here know i try to give more information pics

on what people are looking for or often the building / shop or whatever

more than scenic pics but ill go along with it but providing it doesnt get into a willy waving contest.

keo posted a funny bike pic and a funny sign one so heres mine in return

dave2

ps ... im out all day tomorrow but ... ill be back : )

post-42592-0-31679100-1318599713_thumb.j

post-42592-0-98401300-1318599752_thumb.j

Keep em coming folks!

Just as an aside--and not a Chiang Mai photo I don't think--here's a motorcycle that's more than a bit overloaded: NINE (9)...4 adults, 3 school-aged kids, and 2 babies!!!!!!!!! And that's just those who we can see; maybe there are more on the other side of the cycle.

post-55993-0-32326900-1318598668_thumb.j

Ha, ha lol :cheesy: I've never seen anything so funny, yet so sad at the same time.

Aitch

to be honest i dont know why my names in the title coz as most locals here know i try to give more information pics

keo posted a funny bike pic and a funny sign one so heres mine in return

I was just joshing with the thread title!

The son and father, bamboo pole on the bike picture is a peach!

@Mr Brad, there is no way that baby in the bucket is real! I'll give you 8 though. Any idea where the picture originates from?

keo

YWVNV.jpg

edit: had to resize (my 12 inches is too big for TV)

Hmmm... "Black Man Mop" brand. I doubt that would go over well for export to the US. I'd be curious about the age of that brand. It it was made in Thailand prior to the 1960's that would explain things. In America that would be quite the racial slur, though I'll be the first to admit that considering Thai culture, even considering that racism is quite rampant throughout Asia, the average Thai would never even consider the brand name to be a racial slur.

Moderator: If this conflicts with appropriate posting, which I think it doesn't, feel free to remove.

laasmoi: Overcooking HDR just makes you look like a rank novice. Use that feature as seldom as possible and if you do, stick with blend rather than detail. Subtle is the name of that game.

To insertmembernamehere,

Maybe you are able to substantiate your valuable lesson with some examples for all the visitors of this threat?

Very much appreciated.

I'd be curious about the age of that brand. It it was made in Thailand prior to the 1960's that would explain things.

It has a bar code on it and the history of bar codes shows this:

In June 1974, one of the first UPC scanner, made by NCR Corp. (which was then called National Cash Register Co), was installed at Marsh's supermarket in Troy, Ohio. On June 26, 1974 at 8:01 a.m, Sharon Buchanan, a checker at Marsh's supermarket in Troy, Ohio scanned first product with a bar code.

And I suspect it was several years later before it became common in Thailand.

Maybe you are able to substantiate your valuable lesson with some examples for all the visitors of this threat?

This is a view of rice fields behind my house using HDR. Perhaps slightly overcooked but gives it more depth.

hdr.jpg