Canadian Temporary Resident Visa Application, Feedback?

Hi Regine,

Thank you for your point of view. It's nice to get the opinion from someone on the outside looking in (which is why I posted on here, who better to see it as CIC may see it than a stranger?)

Going into the application the first time, I foresaw that to be a problem and included all the transcripts, photo's, bills, travel confirmations, etc, to prove otherwise. You're correct that the amount of time was an issue. Fair enough. To quote the lady at CIC today when my wife dropped off her documents:

"Most people will receive the visa once sponsorship is approved"

I do not think the question of our relationship should be of issue this time. If they expect me to fly back more often, they would be off their rocker. I'm 25, not retired. We do our best with the situation we are in. She is not "that kind" of Thai woman, nor am I stupid, so I have faith in the long term everything will be ok. I could supply them with the 7 lbs of Skype transcripts to prove our relationship, along with every other document, and would fully invite them to review in great detail, if they like :), however, that decision is solely in the hands of Mississauga and will be settled when my sponsorship is approved (our application package weighed 14 pounds total, the majority made up of proof of our relationship).

So... my fingers are crossed! I should know next Monday and any success will be fully owed to the info I have received on here!

I have to ask though, a Nikah is a marriage in Islam over the phone, right?

Many many many thanks!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just thought I would give an update:

Even though sponsorship had not been approved yet, we walked in, waited in line, and when she got to the front, she had a nice shiny visa waiting in her passport! So, second time was the charm! Thank you everyone who posted on this thread for your input, it helped greatly!

For what it's worth, as it may help someone else, the successful package included:

- her having no job, only 120,000THB in account, age 26 from Chiang Mai

- I am 25, Canadian citizen, did not provide a letter from my employer, just stated my income and firm I am employed with

- provided last year's T4

- copies of my banking info

- copies of my mortgage documents

- copies of the contracts with my tenants

-Australian Working Holiday approval

- Round Trip Canada ticket

- photocopies of: University Degree, Marriage Certificate, Name Change, Investments in Canada

- Scanned copy of a notarized letter I sent her (not even the original!)

- letters from my parents and hers

- proof I support her financially, which was disclosed

- copy of travel insurance

- proof of all of my visits to Thailand over the last year that we have been together

- proof of joint travel

- her old passport showing travel to the USA for a program during University

That about sums it up. I wish everyone good luck and hope that this thread can help others as well!

Thank you bp832 and all other contributors to this thread. I have cruised through the entire scenario and I have found it riveting and very interesting. Congratulations, bp832 - your dedication and perseverance paid off. I wish you and your family continued good fortune. I am just about to embark on a similar journey through the bureaucracy of the CIC. The previous threads and experience sharing contributions have already cleared a pathway and I at least feel I now have some direction.

Thanks to all again and kudos to ThaiVisa.com for providing this venue.