Suwannaphumi - Korat By Road

ThaiBrat

Landing at the airport Saturday afternoon, need to travel to Korat (Nakchon Ratchasima)

Anyone know how the flood is effecting the route, normal route is road 9 past Pathum Thani, ( Eastern outer ring road )

Join the A1 Heading to Saraburi, then A2 to Korat.

Any info please.

TB

I drove from Bang pakong via 314 to Chachoengsao and then took 304 to Kabin Buri and over the hills to Korat, Khon Kean, and Udon Thani on Thursday Oct 13 without any problems at all. Rainy but the roads are in good shape. Their was more water on the roads around Korat on the 3rd when I came south, but it was dry the day I went north.

I would guess that route is going to get hellishly busy over the next few days as all north-eastern bound trucks, buses and cars take to it.

In another thread a poster reported taking 2-3 hours to do the bit from Kabinburi to the top on 304. It might even be quicker to go as far down the 33 as Wattana Nakhon and then up north on the road towards Buriram. This route is well above plains level too, so I doubt flooding would be an issue but it would add 150k to your journey I would guess.

Edited by SantiSuk

It was OK last Monday with only near-side lane partly closed northbound around Kaeng Khoi (east of Saraburi). Based on a similar trip one month ago, any flooding will be around Saraburi and Kaeng Khoi but it isn't closed like the northern route to Ayuthaya. However, it is a pretty dynamic situation this weekend and you may well take the alternate southern route via Kabin Buri. Regarding the comment about extra traffic using this route; the converse may apply as most drivers may simply cancel the trip altogether.