Forang Tourist Police Helpers

BigC

OP, you say you drive recklessly, thus you have road rage displayed from another motorist, you claim him to be a police volunteer cause he displays a caps, and then you tell us you dont like farang police volunteers.

You obviously have earned some respect in another Forum, but what you display in this topic is bad behavior on Phuket Highways, and judgment of farang and Police Volunteers.

I am a Highway Police Volunteer from class 5 in Phuket, April 2010. Of 160 graduates, more than 2/3 are Thai Nationals. So do you not like Police Volunteers in general, or is it just farang voluntees, in other words just a racial thing?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not a spelling mistake. he spelled it that way many times.

Thai forum's trolls always use 'falong, farong, forang' and other similar weird pronounciations. Just like trolls on english forum will write peenut for a peanut to subconciously invoke the word penis and many other similar annoying lingos.

You still don't get it, do you, still hung up on a speling misstakes, are you? Visit the Samui forum and see some of BigC's posts there, you believe me, he's on good behavior here!

Maybe, but someone who is trying to provoke somebody else on the road and after that accuses the other of road rage should think before he acts. And that goes for all his comments here, and his inability to let it go.

I'm not saying BigC is perfect. He can handle himself well enough. It will take you guys some getting used to him.

Bringing up the driving situation he was involved in and how he handled this and himself is what this is and should be all about, attacking him for spelling mistakes is missing the point completely.

I am a Highway Police Volunteer from class 5 in Phuket, April 2010. Of 160 graduates, more than 2/3 are Thai Nationals. So do you not like Police Volunteers in general, or is it just farang voluntees, in other words just a racial thing?

I don't like farang police volunteers. Their motives are always suspect.

Either they love the uniform, love the power, or, are trying to get some insurance should they ever have a problem with Thai officialdom.

They say they just want to help, but, I'm far too cynical to believe them.

I'm not saying BigC is perfect. He can handle himself well enough. It will take you guys some getting used to him.

Bringing up the driving situation he was involved in and how he handled this and himself is what this is and should be all about, attacking him for spelling mistakes is missing the point completely.

Agree with you there.

Either they love the uniform, love the power, or, are trying to get some insurance should they ever have a problem with Thai officialdom.

Highway Police Volunteers do not have uniforms. Some of us use Highway Police reflective orange vests on accident scenes or when marshalling.

I spell it falang rolleyes.gif eesarn style,

In regards to the tourist police volunteers, there is no way on gods green earth that i am stopping for some falang dressed in a police uniform, they will get run off the road if they try to stop me. I will then go to the real police and pay the bribe.

Lol well said

There was a thread on here not long ago about not stopping at police check points some of the tpv on were actually agreeing and advising people not to stop. There is aname for people that do that and I think that name is hypocrites.

Exactly right Peter, they are there to help drunks get back to their hotel rooms, settle petty disputes in bars, make tourists feel more comfortable. Not carry on like detective Harry Callahan, or 'CHIPS' or Miami Vice or play out what ever other weird fantasies they have.

i dont know but personally someone writing forang or falong to annoy people online is much worse than any driver trying to to make someone fall off the road after they just swerved around instead of slowing down. And those drivers annoy me pretty hard.

let's just agree that both of you are trying to cause problems.

Its sad that you can't see past a few spelling mistakes. The meaning of the Op's post is quite clear.

Try responding to the content rather than your own agenda.

Cheers. biggrin.gif

yep, I see nothing wrong with his post unless we have to start taking cr*p from the farangs too. We all know if it was a thai we have to stay low, but these volunteers are out of hand often. I am sure there are some that are trying to help but many take the position so they can have some power for the first time in their lives.

I see both on walking street, the happy volunteer that is trying to help and the one ones with their chests out, giving the evil eye, with a belt full of trinkets and store brought patches

I came here to post something similar but you nailed it.

What's sadder is that they think they are respected for their work when it's a thankless job that only the bored mid life crisis retirees take on.

Anyone seen that foreigner in the black fortuner, covered in tourist police stickers driving like an ass hat?

Hope to see it wrapped around a power pole in the near future.

I see both on walking street, the happy volunteer that is trying to help and the one ones with their chests out, giving the evil eye, with a belt full of trinkets and store brought patches

Policing the police is a problem the world over. Policing volunteers must be an even more difficult task but there are good and bad tpv's no doubt about that.

Unfortunately they are accepted in the community now, I believe volunteer police should be put in the 'lonely planet books' under the section 'dangers and annoyances' and put right next to tuk tuk drivrs, suit vendors and telemarketers.

Phuket needs more cops and not volunteers, the volunteers are contributing to this problem because the powers that be in BKK say..."we have x amount of police and x amount of volunteers, no need to increase the funding...my mia nois will be happy and i can buy another fortuna"

The volunteers in Phuket immigration are a godsend though. They arent trying to prove anything...just genuine in their attempt to help.

The volunteers in Phuket immigration are a godsend though. They arent trying to prove anything...just genuine in their attempt to help.

I agree, they are very good, but, they are never working away from the presence of a full-time immigration official.

It has to be a boring job. Why would they do it? Maybe because they never have any problems re-newing visas, or, having to wait in line like everyone else?

Lol well said

There was a thread on here not long ago about not stopping at police check points some of the tpv on were actually agreeing and advising people not to stop. There is aname for people that do that and I think that name is hypocrites.

Tourist Police and its Volunteers is not allowed to stop vehicles, so why should one stop if adviced to?

Among all Police divisions there are some rotten apples, and when one or two HighwayPolice "officers" wants to stop a vehicle, and their face is covered with a papermask, dark sunglasses, no name tag and display no Police ID, they are usually not out to enforce law, and my advice is to ignore them if it can be done safely.

If you stop, call HWP at 1193 to check if their check point is legit, and provide reg number for their vehicle.

Lol well said

Tourist Police and its Volunteers is not allowed to stop vehicles, so why should one stop if adviced to?

Among all Police divisions there are some rotten apples, and when one or two HighwayPolice "officers" wants to stop a vehicle, and their face is covered with a papermask, dark sunglasses, no name tag and display no Police ID, they are usually not out to enforce law, and my advice is to ignore them if it can be done safely.

If you stop, call HWP at 1193 to check if their check point is legit, and provide reg number for their vehicle.

To me the police are the police whether tourist police ,immigration or highway police they are all police and people with a bit of authority therefore you should follow there instructions or requests no matter which way you look at it if you work for these people and are in it to help Thailand you should not be giving out advise to ignore and not stop it's called not setting a good example any way we have been through this before so end of.

A number of posts commenting on moderation have been removed.

Rule 21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

I came here to post something similar but you nailed it.

What's sadder is that they think they are respected for their work when it's a thankless job that only the bored mid life crisis retirees take on.

Anyone seen that foreigner in the black fortuner, covered in tourist police stickers driving like an ass hat?

Hope to see it wrapped around a power pole in the near future.

It seems to me some people do not have a clue and would not do anything unless they are paid for it

There are good and bad eggs in any volunteer work unfortunately its the bad eggs who stick out

The good VTP are appreciated by the tourists i mean the genuine tourists not the ones here for cheap booze and sex

The tourists that are in phuket for the temples and food would not encounter volunteer cops. so the sex and booze industry keeps the harry callahans 'employed'

All tourists go to Bangla Road at least once when here on holiday here and thats where the VPT are expecred to send most of there time when on duty

I will modify my last post, at least 95% of tourists who stop in Patong will visit Bangla Rd

People who stop in other areas will visit Bangla Rd if the go there in the evening

It is a internationally know tourist attraction

There are other areas in Phuket which have the same attractions but they are not the same

The tourists that are in phuket for the temples and food would not encounter volunteer cops. so the sex and booze industry keeps the harry callahans 'employed'

You don't know shit......

Bangla road is full of families and all sorts of walks every night. It is not a bad place if you are not looking for a bad time.

And b y the way it's not the best place for the best girls, It's just another tourist attraction.

Why don't you try some VTP work, you will probably leave like i did after a very short period

But there were some good guys doing it when i did but the bad guys do not like you

Anyone here about that prick in Samui who acts as a volounteer, think he's isreal chap.. takes his power right to his head.

chased a guy on a motorbike for not stopping when pricko steped in front of him. then got him locked up overnight.

roumor has it he got a good beating in soi regae for poppinng his chest out and sticking his nose in.

tuff love baby tuff love

you on about the guy with the massive afro and afro comb always in his hair?

The families are not arguing over bar bills, getting pick pocketed by transvestites or crawling/brawling in the street. Thanks but no thanks i won't be a part of the volunteer constabulary ill leave that to the pros

some do

i joined but jacked after short time, my experience they are all in it for themselves, abuse what little powers they have, break the rules where they can and cannot wear uniform, carrry loads of gear that legally they cannot use. tried very hard to get me to get a dodgy 12 month visa like they had, costing 15,000 baht so i to quit. i was there to help westerners in trouble not to further my own ends. no coinceidence both forces in Pattaya tourist and Asser both run and started by people with media interests which is a handy way to have your photographers and reporters with unlimited access to the police station. to have any powers they have to have a real thai policeman with them and instuct them what to do.

wearing a uniform off duty is impersonating a police officer and serious offense unless on way to or from a duty.

Big C your experience is what the majority are like, those that dont conform leave.

The families are not arguing over bar bills, getting pick pocketed by transvestites or crawling/brawling in the street. Thanks but no thanks i won't be a part of the volunteer constabulary ill leave that to the pros

some do

Mum, Pop and kids brawling with Katoeys in the street, wild on sang som....ok. Get the Royal Thai Police Volunteer Squad onto them!...lock em all up and pepper spray them for good measure. These families are the real problems in Phuket...give the volunteer cops more powers! give them pursuit vehicles to chase down these out of control families. Put the TVP's at immigration so we can weed them out Problem solved before these vermin arrive!rolleyes.gif