Possible To Get Helium Gas/Tank Here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have been told that there is a shop near Sirison Electronic Store, that has Helium...

I cannot place it in my mind, but toward Tesco and the last building before the empty lot.. then there is a road that turns to the left... I think the one that goes to the International Hospital? (The shop is on the Ring Road, before that)

Apparently gas tanks sitting out side.

Hope that is not just a bunch of "hot air" :D but might be worth checking out!

Edited by samuijimmy

I have been told that there is a shop near Sirison Electronic Store, that has Helium...

I cannot place it in my mind, but toward Tesco and the last building before the empty lot.. then there is a road that turns to the left... I think the one that goes to the International Hospital? (The shop is on the Ring Road, before that)

thanks for the tip Jimmy! i'll try and get over that way today to confirm.

Shop called M & E. Advise to learn the Thai name for Helium or at least the correct pronunciation.

Shop called M & E. Advise to learn the Thai name for Helium or at least the correct pronunciation.

unfortunately, no luck at M&E. and the correct terminology after visiting half a dozen of these shops around the island is certainly not "helium"

it's "gas balloon"

unfortunately, no luck at M&E. and the correct terminology after visiting half a dozen of these shops around the island is certainly not "helium"

it's "gas balloon"

laugh.gif That's funny!

I haven't used Helium in nearly 20 years but you may be able to find some by asking around the hospitals. Worth a try at least....

There must be somewhere in Lamai that has one because I have seen girls walking down the road with long strings of baloons (one at each end) for various bar parties. However does it must do both because at times the middle of the strind is pulling up while at other times flat. Could be a shop between the Outback bar and the old market close to the top (neared the old market) on the right hand side. They seem to sell lots of party stuff.

There must be somewhere in Lamai that has one because I have seen girls walking down the road with long strings of baloons (one at each end) for various bar parties. However does it must do both because at times the middle of the strind is pulling up while at other times flat. Could be a shop between the Outback bar and the old market close to the top (neared the old market) on the right hand side. They seem to sell lots of party stuff.

thanks for the heads up. i'm getting desperate enough that i will drive to lamai to follow up...

We own a party supply store and at the moment there is no available Helium in Thailand, we buy from TIG who is the main supplier.

It was reported a couple of years back that the supply of helium world wide was quickly running out, and as such, we have been told by TIG that there will be no Helium available in Thailand for a long time to come.

But please, DO NOT USE the alternative that street vendors and market stalls use, they use Hydrogen, and this can turn into a fireball if it comes into contact with something that can ignite it and it ignites very easily, we have seen first hand balloons filled with Hydrogen that have touched a hot light bulk and exploded and remember you don't want your child holding one of these if this occurs.

We own a party supply store and at the moment there is no available Helium in Thailand, we buy from TIG who is the main supplier.

It was reported a couple of years back that the supply of helium world wide was quickly running out, and as such, we have been told by TIG that there will be no Helium available in Thailand for a long time to come.

But please, DO NOT USE the alternative that street vendors and market stalls use, they use Hydrogen, and this can turn into a fireball if it comes into contact with something that can ignite it and it ignites very easily, we have seen first hand balloons filled with Hydrogen that have touched a hot light bulk and exploded and remember you don't want your child holding one of these if this occurs.

thanks for the response. that is not good news. going to have to start googling then, all of my stuff leaves the states in two weeks and i will not be without helium for my kids balloons for christmas.

You can still get helium from a supplier in Surat but you will need to buy a 40 ltr bottle its real expensive.

I'd say grab it if you can, probably the last remaining stocks.

If it wasn't so far away we would buy it.

Normally we go through 3-4 large cylinders per month, so this shortage has made a huge dent in our trade for our shop.

You can still get helium from a supplier in Surat but you will need to buy a 40 ltr bottle its real expensive.

contact info?

what do you consider real expensive?

On Amazon its £30 for a bottle which fills 30 balloons. So yeah expensive stuff. The only other use I know for it is in MRI scanners in hospitals. Chat up one of the nurses...biggrin.gif

contact info?

what do you consider real expensive?

On Amazon its £30 for a bottle which fills 30 balloons. So yeah expensive stuff. The only other use I know for it is in MRI scanners in hospitals. Chat up one of the nurses...biggrin.gif

ya i've been checking amazon. those bottles are surely empty of any helium when they sell them. and they won't ship them here. the search continues...

have pre-ordered a 30 fill helium tank via the link rooo found. deliveries aren't going out until father's day, with a two day delivery here to samui. the man on the phone just laughed when my gf asked him to make sure it was here before christmas. "suuuuuuuuure"

1,800thb , thanks everyone for the help.