Drink Driving

Gfunk

Theres a clamp down on drink driving at the mo and sadly an old boy who lives in my soi has got the brunt of it,

As he has done for the last 6 years, me old mucker finisehed off the last of his 4 changs got on his bike and started his drive home, on thrid road in pattaya he found himself in a traffic jam, as the traffic moved he was beckond by a police man to pull into a coned section, whats this he thinks got me helmet on, the police ask "do you have lisence" he did and he showed it to them, "are you drink today?" err never been asked this one before, yes he replies 2 beers, he then has to join a line to blow into the breathalizer and is 2 times over the limit, he then spends the next 2 days in jail goes to court is fined and then transfered to bkk, deported and as a bonus got a nice red stamp saying dont come back,

seems a bit extreme, but the thais always seem to rush in and be harsh with thease "crack downs",

it realy looks like things are changing, they now have breathalizers, whats gonna happen when they start using speed guns to arrest you for driving to fast??

Deported just for drink driving? He surely must have had something else going on as well. Was he ok on his visa?

But, he shouldnt have been drinking and driving anyway.

Up to deportation, he got what he deserved. I dont mind if he kills himself but people who do this could kill me as well. :o:D

This sounds fine to me,I do not see where there is any problem,to many farang think that they can go to a foreign country and do as they please and will be excused from any and all law violations because they are a farang.

And I think it is a very good idea to get,use and enforce speed laws thru the use of radar guns or any means possible,maybe that will teach the thai as well as farang that traffic laws are in place for safety and the protection of others on the streets and hyways.

Now if they would use hyway patrolmen to do something but run as blockers for politicos going somewhere in high speed vans and offer the same safety to everyone on the roads.

Read between the lines, people !

Thailand has had enough of farang deadbeats, perverts and drunks.

The word has gone out - I daresay at Cabinet level, (who are sufficiently rich not to care of the economic effects of shutting down a few bars).

"Any foreign deadbeat who breaks the law gets deported."

So watch out before you take a swing at some Ladyboy lifting your wallet.

maerim, you plonker, the reason he sat in jail for two days is because he was nabbed on a friday night and the court in patts is'nt open on weekends so he had to wait till monday, which plonker is two days, same thing as those on overstay worst time to get nabbed is a friday everyone knows that, well if not ya better

Guest IT Manager

If you two, eyeofsauron (I liked the movie), and Maerim don't stop throwing rocks I will give each of you a HUGE kick in the bottom with my size 11 steel caps and send you to the sandpit.

Maerim you are a big boy, don't be naughty and encourage the little ones. Otherwise a good smack and 100 lines of "teacher really did know best".

Now go and brush your teeth, both of you. And go to bed at 8.

For wandering minstrels: The above is Humour, it is a joke, they can stay up till 9.30 if all the homework is finished.

a thai friend of mine was arrested in buriram over the hols 4 drink driving,2000baht fine and a nite in the cells,,the police said second offence would be a 4000baht fine and a night in the cells,3rd time is 1 year in prison,i think they are taking it seriously.

Ok maerim, i'm a liar, the whole story was made up, the police arn't cracking down on drink driving, he didnt stay in jail two days, he did'nt give a urine test in the police station, which by the way was'nt also tested for drugs, he didnt get fined or deported, he is'nt in england trying his hard'st to find a way to get off the ban and return,

And if it takes someone like me to make you look good, boy you got some problems,

Drink and Driving is gay, maybe one of these day they will see how its feel like if they hit one of their own close friends and family

Drink and Driving is gay, maybe one of these day they will see how its feel like if they hit one of their own close friends and family

sorry have i missed a major evolutionary step in sexuality? or is chingy a time traveler from the 1930's?

fatty (there maybe trouble "ahead" lets face the music and dance)

People, I find this the most worrying report I've read in a long long time.. I couldn't care less about what time entertainment places officially have to close, I couldn't care less about underage sex becoming dodgy, I couldn't care less about a drugs crackdown but this is just scary. How will I get home now..? How will anyone get home after drinking more than 2 beers or whiskey-sodas or yaa dong or wharever it is you drink?

Will everyone now have to go hire a driver? Will all this experience I've gained over the years in drunk driving be for nothing now? I'm at the point now where people feel a lot safer in my car after I had something to drink compared to sober.

This is just scary.. Want to panic.. This could be the end of life as wel know it. :o