Drink Driving

Gfunk

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine's Thai wife got breathalised and fined 10,000B.

He thought it was hysterical

The whole reason he taught her how to drive was to ferry him home from Patong when he was pissed.

Lucky she didn't get a ban, he might not have laughed so hard - nah F*** It - Of course he would.

ha!...I love it...a bunch of fukcin' drunks discussing drunk driving in Thailand.

Well...listen, and take this from a serious alcohol abuser. Don't drive anywhere after you've been drinking. If you can't find a cab, sleep on the beach. Everyone knows what their drinking habits are so no one has an excuse.

In an alcoholic world where notions of responsibility are easily ignored it's the least we can do...

Is this a troll??

I remember last year reading the police now have exhaust analytiser which supposedly should be used to stop the many trucks and busses from polluting... never seen it in action, and judging from the trucks and busses neither has anybody else.

Brethanalyzers. What will be the next?

i don,t drink in the day anyway so i'm not affected, as far as night is concerned the bike stays home now,

i think what happened to the guy in gfunks story is absolute <deleted>, ok he was over the limit but deportation, come on, maybe his visa was'nt good

does this law count for the other 100 thousand people in pattaya who drive around pissed,

HAVE ANY THAI'S BEEN STOPPED YET

i'm now off to tell my business partner about this coz he's an alcoholic anyway and his bird only drinks because he does (sad <deleted>), maybe he'll use this as time to get some responsibilty in his life.

as for teaching my wife to drive, maybe, does anybody know where i can buy a secondhand bumper car, oh and a nice empty field

HAVE ANY THAI'S BEEN STOPPED YET

I've been stopped only once, but the cops didn't do anything else other than chit chatting for a while. Then, told me to be careful on the way home. :o

Not too long ago, a Thai celeb was stopped too. He was over the limit (about twice the limit, as reported). If my memory served me correctly, here's what happened, 20.000THB on bail, went to the court, 4.000THB on the fine and 24 hours of community service.

My question is: If a Thai is found to be driving while intoxicated is he also deported? If a Thai does not have 400,000 Baht in the bank is he also separated from his family.

These draconian measures are against human rights.

Who the heck is any government to say where I can and cannot live? If I drink and drive punish me as all others. How dare they resort to deportation for minor offenses? They forget that the world belongs to the people not to Governments. :o

My question is:  If a Thai is found to be driving while intoxicated is he also deported?  If a Thai does not have 400,000 Baht in the bank is he also separated from his family. 

1- Deported to which country? He is from Thailand......

2- Depending on your visa you need a certain deposit, to keep that visa-status. You and your family will not be separated, it is up to them to follow you to your own country.

Here in Japan limit is 0.0 and for the first time, you will get off with a fine in about the baht 100.000,- level.......for the second time, expect a fine of baht 200.000,- and your driving licence gone. If you like to get a new driving licence again after a lock-out period you have to pay again the driving school, which is very expensive here, for sure baht 100.000,- again.

In case of accident you will find yourself in jail for years, and every jail-sentence over ONE year automatically includes the deportation, if the guilty person is a foreigner.

Sorry to say, that I did not read even a single line in this thread about the victims of such drunken idiots.

Who cares about them?

I see no reason for any special care for drunken foreign drivers in Thailand, sorry

Johann

Does anybody think there should be a difference in which vehicle is used in such an offence?

What about the old guy who's put-putting 4 beer Chang home with 20 km/h on his pop? Should he receive the same punishment as the drug-crazed lorry or bus driver who is speeding through Pattayas sois with 100 km/h? One has the potential of falling off and hurting himself, the other can kill a busful...

Just wondering....

Yes, there should be a difference.

For example here in Japan:

This is done out of the driving licence:

A bus-driving licence or a truck driving licence is not the same as a motorcycle licence for 150cc

The bus or truck licence is a commercial licence, while the motorcycle licence is a private vehicle licence.

The fine is higher compared to the motorcycle....

It is also done out of the vehicle:

There is also a listing about the engine size, a car with 5000 cc motor is not the same as a car with 1300 cc.

The fine is higher ....

Finally if the licence is revoked, it is easy to pass again the test for the motorcycle or the ordinary car (it costs money, but it is easy otherwise) - to receive again a commercial licence for driving is much more difficult, the minimum waiting time AFTER passing the tests for the ordinary car/motorcycle is at least one year. If your work depends on truck or bus-driving, this might hurt you in a very considerable way.

Johann