Running Routes Near Mid-Sukhumvit

khunkong

I used to go from asoke down to soi 0

Up behind the tabbacco place on to rama 4

Turn left down to big c then turn left down through the sois 24 26 28

back onto suk and home.

Straight down asoke to pachaburi turn left go down past pantip turn any left

back on to suk around siam square. Then home.

Really I loved just to run and find new routes. Did all the odd suks in and out up to about 55.

Keep it interestiing.

Shit drivers and smoky bussus and trucks. But I did enjoy it. I know my way round down town BKK very good now.

Chock Dee Na

;)

Edited by boggle

There is a seldom used overhead walkway between Sukhumvit Soi 10 and Lumpini Park.

By the canal and over across the Expressway? Is that pedestrian only?

Yes. That overhead walkway connects Lumpini with the park at the convention center.

Once in a while I see a bicycle up there.

Mostly goes unused.

• 10 months later...

Hi, thanks for posting this. Been in Bangkok for short stints in the past and ran several times around Lumphini or Benjasiri Park next to Emporium. Will arrive in November for a one year stint (or longer) and would like to start running right from the get go. Anyway, this looks interesting and certainly going to check it out - where exactly (and sorry if this is a stupid question) is the entry point for this walkway? Where do you get on it (from the Soi 10 side)?

The walkway links Benjakitti Park (near Asok BTS) to Lumpini Park. I've used it for cycling between the 2 parks and may use it for a running route as I use these 2 parks for my runs. It seems fine to use during daylight hours but I've heard that you get a few youths hanging around during dusk and night so you may want to avoid it then.

• 7 months later...

Benjakiti Park is a great place to run. Kinda disgusted with myself that I didn't find it until this year. Investigated because I wanted to use the walkway described in this thread. Only to discover that for running, prefer Benjakiti to Lumpini. Though they're both nice little patches in the middle of the congestion that is Bangkok.

All that said - never have found this notorious walkway connecting the two parks - and that is circling Benjakiti several times. One time I even asked one of the Police at the park and he had me walking some crazy loop till I ended up parallel to the freeway and finally at soi 4 (interestingly, just past the end of soi 4 I walked under what I assume is the walkway connecting the parks, but there was no access to it at that point and now way for me to follow it).

Long story short - Benjakiti side - anyone know where you can get on this path? I'll comb soi 10 next.

If you walk down from Sukhumvit to Benjakitti, just before you reach the entrance to the park there are some small steps on the right that lead down onto a small paved road, you go past a small spirit house too. (the steps are easy to miss and not very visible). This path leads onto the walkway/cycle path that goes all the way to Lumpini park.

Its a good way to avoid the roads and terrible pavements if you want to run between the 2 parks. I've heard the same thing about groups hanging around there during the night but I've been on this route early morning 5.30am and it was ok. I guess they have all trudged off home by then!

If you are looking for other routes then I use Endomondo app for tracking my runs, on their website it also has routes that other users have run and posted up so you can check these out and see if they are of interest to you. Bangkok runners (meet up group and facebook page) also organise runs/races in and outside of Bkk.

• Like 1

foot of soi 10 will get you on it

If you walk down from Sukhumvit to Benjakitti, just before you reach the entrance to the park there are some small steps on the right that lead down onto a small paved road, you go past a small spirit house too. (the steps are easy to miss and not very visible). This path leads onto the walkway/cycle path that goes all the way to Lumpini park.

Its a good way to avoid the roads and terrible pavements if you want to run between the 2 parks. I've heard the same thing about groups hanging around there during the night but I've been on this route early morning 5.30am and it was ok. I guess they have all trudged off home by then!

Right on Khun Candypants and Khun Sarpedon. Right on. Found it easy after seeing your posts, many thanks.

Not working today, so took a little stroll a little before lunch time to investigate (note ran Benjakiti early morning prior to reading). Some photo guidance if anyone else is interested.

If you're coming down Ratchada/Aoske away from Sukhumvit and to Benjakiti, about 100 meters or so before the park entrance you'll walk over the canal. On the far side (closest to the park) you'll see the steps and the spirit house referred to:

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

You'll now find yourself on this small soi, which you will walk to the end (a T-intersection). Here you will turn right, this will put you just past the foot of soi 10 (where soi 10 is cut off for vehicles, but if you come that route don't worry, can still continue on foot).

Long story short - this entrance and the soi 10 entrance are one and the same.

small soi:

IMG_0098.JPG

At the end (T-intersection) turn right - you'll see this bridge and the entrance to the path.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

If you're coming down soi 10 you'll run into a gate where vehicle traffic is blocked, but you can continue past on foot and you'll find yourself on the same bridge:

IMG_0143.JPG

Edited by ChiangMike

• 2 weeks later...

That green walkway you guys are talking about? It goes from Wireless rd. to Queen Sirikit park. The only reason I know about it is that its one of the few places that go for a nice lil skate session, with the occasional slum kids watching. But I would say its a good place for a jog, because the only real hazard you have at these places is the occasional dog shit (I see lots of expats and hi-so Thais walking their pure-bred pedigree blah blah dogs on that walkway).