Painting Reproductios

filipef

I know everyone is worried about fllod, and i dont want to seem disrespectful but i am planning my trip to Thailand in November and i wanted to know something.

I have oredered and bought some painting reproductions in Pattaya, last year, when i stayed there for about a week.

This time, i will be staying little time in every city i wil visit, except 4days i will stay in BKK (and a few hours later, on departure day). So i am thinking of making my repoductions in BKK. As far as i have read here, i think i should go to MBK, or do u know any place else, considering the time i have? In MBK, ground flour, right? Or other floors too? And do u think one shop can make me how many painting reproductions (kets say 50x50 cm, or 60x60 cm) in 3-4 days? I know price should be negociated, but how much should i expect to pay for each one?

Thank you so much for your help.

They do this in Pattaya, down the side of Mike Shopping Mall.. They cheat in a way, they use a projector and paint over the projection.

I had a portrait done of my son, and it was about A3 size.. They done it off a photograph and I must say it was the best 2500 THB I have ever spent here.

It was an excellent job.

They do this in Pattaya, down the side of Mike Shopping Mall.. They cheat in a way, they use a projector and paint over the projection.

I had a portrait done of my son, and it was about A3 size.. They done it off a photograph and I must say it was the best 2500 THB I have ever spent here.

It was an excellent job.

Right, they do that in Pattaya (some more professional job also), but, like i said, this time i wont be around Patts, that's why i ask about BKK, the only place i will be more than 3 days.

I looked around BKK a couple years ago and did not find anything worthwile ,

MBK is on the bottom floor, street level ,

I hear there are good places in Phuket but have not been there yet,

Let us know what you find

BK

PS.....the best place is China , there is a city that does most oil paintings you see on Ebay etc

The oil painting center in China is Dafen, a suburb of Shenzhen, right across the border from Hong Kong. You can now travel by subway (underground railway) to Dafen from the HK border. Hundreds of shops selling oil paintings, with copies of everything imaginable. Fascinating in a curious way. Get your new painting framed in an hour for maybe US$15.