Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday 29th oct Phuthamonthon sai 4 at Salaya looking towards sai 5.post-79592-0-86873000-1319881529_thumb.jpost-79592-0-35429200-1319881550_thumb.j

ummmm. bit different than the dry bit that was there yesterday.. what was sai4 like coming back to petkasem..dry?

sai 4 and 5 back to Phetkasem no water.

The river will back up some hours after high tide, no?

There is a tide table from the Royal Thai Navy at this URL: http://www.ebaechtol...gkok-high-tide/

I've been watching the river level from my Condo at Praram 3 near the intersection of the Industrial Ring Road (about soi 50) for a couple of weeks now, and this table seems to accurately predict the high river level here. River level seems to start to rise interestingly about an hour before these times, hits it's peak right about these times and begins to fall again within 30 minutes.

See the note at the bottom of the table that these levels are measured above the minimum water level. It looks like you should subtract 1.1 M from these levels to get levels above MSL.

Please Jumper, be careful about information. The above link is not from the Thai Royal Navy. It is an embedded image on a webpage of a company selling watches that predict tides, and almost played me too. Both the times predicted and heights are incongruous with local reporting from several sources and other tide chart sites on the internet. The Thai Royal Navy has no Bangkok tide chart on its site, or in it's site index, both available in English. Worse, the figures are wrong. Sunday and Monday Am high tides are predicted to be higher than today. The chart above shows today as being the highest withing five days prior to five days post. Below are two links whose charts agree with each other, and one is from a weather site. Tides are somewhat unpredictable due to several factors including the expansion and contraction of the ocean (warm water occupies more space and cold water occupies less space, although this is unnoticeable in a liter, the oceans are huge), and due to underwater currents both near and far off shore.

http://www.myforecas...ocationID=T0138

http://tides.mobileg.../month/362.html

You can download this chart from the Thai navy site at:

http://www.navy.mi.th/hydro/services2011.htm

It's an Excel spreadsheet, not post-able here, which is why the previous link was used. This table is specific to the Thai Navy headquarters on the river, which may explain why it does not correlate exactly with other tidal charts.

Very grim at Muang ake housing estate and these pics were sent to me from my old friend who owns the place.

Up to 2.8 meters there and getting higher.

The first picture you can see the whole lobby and courtyard of this apartment building underwater, from floor to ceiling 2.8 meters, many stranded inside and just for a indication of how deep it is, the electric transformer is 3.5 meters off the courtyard ground

The second pic you can see the sois are full to the top of the housing walls and making peoples front yards look like swimming pools.

These were high walls that you would need a ladder to scale. I'm amazed.

The water isn't moving at all and just rising slowly and people are stuck with no electric.

I'm not a religious man but i pray for them.

Where is this at? Can you post a link to Google map?

Great pictures by the way.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

A friend of mine who lives off the Don Muang tollway tells me that the water is now 1m high inside his house when last week it was only a few cm high outside in his moo bahn.

There's also minor flooding going on in the Laksi area so it is definitely moving south as we speak. If water increased around Don Muang by 1m in less than a week then I expect the Kasetsart area will probably be flooded within a week.

Very grim at Muang ake housing estate and these pics were sent to me from my old friend who owns the place.

Up to 2.8 meters there and getting higher.

The first picture you can see the whole lobby and courtyard of this apartment building underwater, from floor to ceiling 2.8 meters, many stranded inside and just for a indication of how deep it is, the electric transformer is 3.5 meters off the courtyard ground

The second pic you can see the sois are full to the top of the housing walls and making peoples front yards look like swimming pools.

These were high walls that you would need a ladder to scale. I'm amazed.

The water isn't moving at all and just rising slowly and people are stuck with no electric.

I'm not a religious man but i pray for them.

Where is this at? Can you post a link to Google map?

Great pictures by the way.

There you go.

Everyone knows it's rising due to the gates not being opened in Bangkok as they try to protect it but their patience is running out as it keeps rising daily.

Army were by the building earlier and took 3 students out of there by boat as they were expecting another 1.3 meters.

This will get worse before it gets better.

post-75209-0-25010900-1319886767_thumb.p

ok more info down soi 87 is a givi box shop , for bikes, all the shops had sand bags and the owner of the shop said he will close early, as he showed me and saw with my own eyes water coming up from a drain just enough to spill out on to the soi

and please take a chill out pill or something?

Edited by sbk
deleted quoted post removed

The small sois along Klong Lad Prao (near Wat lad Prao) flooded 10-20 cm - according to fresh news and videos on Spring News.

what you make from this map till now only hear about report flood near wat lad prao but this map give muts bigger area !!!!

The small sois along Klong Lad Prao (near Wat lad Prao) flooded 10-20 cm - according to fresh news and videos on Spring News.

what you make from this map till now only hear about report flood near wat lad prao but this map give muts bigger area !!!!

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

A friend of mine who lives off the Don Muang tollway tells me that the water is now 1m high inside his house when last week it was only a few cm high outside in his moo bahn.

There's also minor flooding going on in the Laksi area so it is definitely moving south as we speak. If water increased around Don Muang by 1m in less than a week then I expect the Kasetsart area will probably be flooded within a week.

#

I can confirm that the water is rising here in Don Muang, a week ago it was about ankle deep in my soi, (six foot man) it is now about waist deep and will soon be entering the house. Doesn't seem to be much movement anywhere except up!

Phahonyothin Soi 66--Water rose slightly today, was something like 1.4-1.5m in the street. I think it is still rising, and now there is heavy rain. Another 20 cm and they will cut off the electricity because it will reach the meters on the poles. Looking to abandon ship tomorrow as water is rising to the level of our first floor which is a good 1.5m above the soi. Would be nice to know just how high things will get before it starts to go back down. Also, I can't see this water going down that quickly. What a mess it is and will be. 3rd day now and water is black, filled with garbage, dead fish, animals, turds, diesel/oil, God knows what else.Did I mention the turds? One tip: If you need to wade through the waters when it gets deep hold an ice box, wash basin, or some other flotation device for support because it is very easy to trip and fall. Don't ask me how I know this.

Hi pals,

I am searching, but somehow I can not find it. I am looking for the list of closed (main) roads. I am planning going with a car from Suratthani to Chiang Mai next week. Any hints ?

Thank you.

If it's feasable, i'd suggest flying up would be far better.

If not, drive up and head into Kanchanaburi then head north through the province, head for Tak and then continue up to the north.

Avoid Nak Pathom and Suphan!

Watcharaphon Update, last one for awhile!

Water increasing and closing in to the 5 Yaek and outside Wattanakosin School.

My village is closing things up at midnight. They got word that they are releasing water from HokWa right through our area. Almost everybody is leaving and they have a big team staying back in the village to fend the water off as long as possible. As I have a place to stay in Bangna, am heading off shortly...would stay on and help but then again don't want to get stuck or get my car stuck here.

BTW, has anybody heard about this water release from HokWa? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere....but most of the guys here know about it.

Take care! I will call the Village Mgr. once in a while to get updates....hopefully I won't be away from home for long....

My village is closing things up at midnight. They got word that they are releasing water from HokWa right through our area. Almost everybody is leaving and they have a big team staying back in the village to fend the water off as long as possible. As I have a place to stay in Bangna, am heading off shortly...would stay on and help but then again don't want to get stuck or get my car stuck here.

BTW, has anybody heard about this water release from HokWa? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere....but most of the guys here know about it.

Take care! I will call the Village Mgr. once in a while to get updates....hopefully I won't be away from home for long....

I guess this is what they are talking about:

About 1 m at Harrow school playing field today and still rising!!!

Anybody thought about recent rain and recent discharges from dams upcountry!! For me the water is not advancing very much in my direction,it seems to be being held up at Don Muang by the government and localised activities and just"building up"so we can get through this period of high tides.This water has to go somewhere;it will not flow UPHILL nor will it evaporate.

I live behind Viphawadhi Hospital and will be staying as long as we have electricity, when the water comes( it is dry for now)

#

I can confirm that the water is rising here in Don Muang, a week ago it was about ankle deep in my soi, (six foot man) it is now about waist deep and will soon be entering the house. Doesn't seem to be much movement anywhere except up!

finally left 2day for Pattaya as my soi has been flooded about one foot...as are almost all the soi's along the south side of Bang Khun Non rd in Bangkok Noi. As i left, Soi 8 was over a meter and gushing out onto Bang Khun Non. I'm sure it won't be more than a day or 2 b4 the south side of the Bangkok Noi Canal will be as flooded aa is the north side.

I'll post some pics 2morrow as this isn't my 'puter...

hope ya'll stay as dry as is possible.

and cheers for this thread as i know it's helping hundreds of farangs!

thanks Tom, good Watcharapol update !

not sure about this 'siphon' idea, yet the Hok Wa sand dyke is vulnerable anyway, any incident Watcharapol will be in the deep water in hours.

also update from mo baan guys from Noble, at Ruam Mit Phatthana. the road outside mo baan is dry, but mo baan is working very hard to pump water to the canal, as more sois are flooded with drain spillage.

good luck and hear you back soon !