Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I work on the Industrial Estate in Lat Krabang

Over the past two weeks we have been informed by the Estate Authority that

water was coming varying from 2 weeks ago a 50 cm which should have landed

a week and half ago and last Wednessday an emergency meeting informing us of a

2.50 meter wall of water.

I decided not to go there and work from home because I didnot want to getstuck

in the middle and not being able to return to Ayutthaya.

I have an apartment in Lat Krabang, but no kitchen just a fridge and just

for staying there a few nights per week...

Up until now not one drop of water in the estate and what I read here the access roads

from Highway 9 like Ramkhamhaeng, Thanon On Nut/Lat Krabang and Rom Klao

and mixed news about Suwinthawong...

Just feeling unhappy about not knowing what will come and when and that I have to make

kind of serious decisions on what seems to be somewhat wild guesses....

Planning to go to the office on Monday and just hope the water won't come at all....

So any information in the coming 24 hours about that area is more than welcome!!

Edited by jumbo

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work on the Industrial Estate in Lat Krabang

Over the past two weeks we have been informed by the Estate Authority that

water was coming varying from 2 weeks ago a 50 cm which should have landed

a week and half ago and last Wednessday an emergency meeting informing us of a

2.50 meter wall of water.

I decided not to go there and work from home because I didnot want to getstuck

in the middle and not being able to return to Ayutthaya.

I have an apartment in Lat Krabang, but no kitchen just a fridge and just

for staying there a few nights per week...

Up until now not one drop of water in the estate and what I read here the access roads

from Highway 9 like Ramkhamhaeng, Thanon On Nut/Lat Krabang and Rom Klao

and mixed news about Suwinthawong...

Just feeling unhappy about not knowing what will come and when and that I have to make

kind of serious decisions on what seems to be somewhat wild guesses....

Planning to go to the office on Monday and just hope the water won't come at all....

So any information in the coming 24 hours about that area is more than welcome!!

This was about 3 hours ago from George Thaivisa updates:

"RT @terryfrd: Dr Seri said situation on western side of river remains dire & to east, concern is Lat Krabang industrial estate. Fast drainage the key"

I live on Phutthamonthon Sai 2 and it doesn't look too good.

Water is coming from the North (Boromratchachonanni rd.) and West (Phutthamonthon Sai 3)

The khlong in front of my mooban (Bang Chuek Nang) is looking to overflow.

My gate has about 10cm of water already.

The farm or (suan) next to me has water rushing in and it sounds like a waterfall!

I am going to hold out, hopefully the water will stop by tomorrow.

In Khlong Samwa, but to the west of Safari World. Khu Bon road seems to still be dry, although the KFC at the end (where the Big C supermarket is) was closed yesterday and Big C looked to have low stocks. MaxValu on Panya Indra road on the other hand seemed to have stock of the stuff that was getting hard to find locally. i.e. got loaf, ham, milk etc. there yesterday.

There is some flooding on Phraya Suren Road, at the Northern end (i.e. past soi 43 or so, but was still passable in a 4WD, and by going along Khu Bon road and then north on the road alongside Kanchanapisek, that flooding can be avoided if you're going to the expressway.

However the water level has risen in the ditches at the side of the roads near there, so wouldn't be surprised to see water crossing that road also. (i.e. near the entrabce to the Honda R&D place water is encroaching onto the road)

Fashion Island seems to be set up for a lot more water. Basement level is closed and all entrances to that level have had big concrete block walls built up. (The upper levels in the car parks at Fashion Island are all full. If you're going there to shop, you can only get parked at ground level)

The news focus is so solidly in Bangkok that I find it hard to get info on the rest of the country. Seems to me very relevant to know how much water is still north of Bangkok/Pathumthani/ Nonthaburi, since obviously what is up will have to come down.

Anyone know the current situation in Ayutthya, Nakon Sawan etc?

I am in Don Muang and I can tell you the water is still rising and my soi is beginning to smell like Klong after a week of fooding, so if the water is moving it isn't moving fast enough!

Yep, been too busy to post, making this quick as I'm moving things upstairs and have yesterday gotten out and about finally a bit to see and have my car flat towed to higher ground on the toll way, but not before I got some supplies on Cheang Wattana. I was amazed at the psychological deep breath I got when I was on some dry land it was so stress relieving you have no idea how much stress you're under until you do..

Anyway it's about half a meter here and we're higher ground then much of Don Muang, as I posted before the water that ran over Klong bra pa did us in as that extra water did away with our safety net and now it's actually much lower at that end of the Srong bra pa rd. then the Viphavdi end where we're located. The water coming from Rangsit canal has come south and merged with the overflow of Klong bra pa and we are in the middle and now wet and still rising. We are only but a few of the people staying behind for the moment as I think I can hold it back or at least minimize the impact and so far succeeding as long as we have power to run my pump..

I have to say that the constant stagnant river smell is beginning to get to me I can't imagine living over top of one of these klongs like so many do.. We have 2 small fish about 4.5cm long in our drive past our sand bags tonight and I have no idea how they got there, there is no hole big enough for them to get in, this is the third one I've seen and taken jpegs of, the first one was in the early days and was in a small drain far from the bulk of the flood waters on Srong Bra Pa rd, same type of fish too oddly enough..

post-83221-0-86543300-1319900509_thumb.j

post-83221-0-32091900-1319902201_thumb.j

post-83221-0-60128100-1319905463_thumb.j

Funny thing is they're paying serious money in Dubai for islands that offer the water front property we now own on virtually all sides of our house if it starts going inside our neighbors.. We haven't really been able to get too many rivers in Thailand so I guess mother nature felt sorry for us and brought the river to us, nice thought but I wish she hadn't :( ..

Took me an hour to post this as I had to download the jpegs and I just noticed water rising in my downstairs bathroom that is unfortunately my weak point..

Well, good luck and back to work..

Water is coming from the North (Boromratchachonanni rd.) and West (Phutthamonthon Sai 3)

The farm or (suan) next to me has water rushing in and it sounds like a waterfall!

Doesn't sound (forgive the pun) good either.

If I were you, I would consider evacuating if that's an option. In any case, keep safe and all the best of luck.

The news focus is so solidly in Bangkok that I find it hard to get info on the rest of the country. Seems to me very relevant to know how much water is still north of Bangkok/Pathumthani/ Nonthaburi, since obviously what is up will have to come down.

I am in Don Muang and I can tell you the water is still rising and my soi is beginning to smell like Klong after a week of fooding, so if the water is moving it isn't moving fast enough!

Yep, been too busy to post, making this quick as I'm moving things upstairs and have yesterday gotten out and about finally a bit to see and have my car flat towed to higher ground on the toll way, but not before I got some supplies on Cheang Wattana. I was amazed at the psychological deep breath I got when I was on some dry land it was so stress relieving you have no idea how much stress you're under until you do..

Anyway it's about half a meter here and we're higher ground then much of Don Muang, as I posted before the water that ran over Klong bra pa did us in as that extra water did away with our safety net and now it's actually much lower at that end of the Srong bra pa rd. then the Viphavdi end where we're located. The water coming from Rangsit canal has come south and merged with the overflow of Klong bra pa and we are in the middle and now wet and still rising. We are only but a few of the people staying behind for the moment as I think I can hold it back or at least minimize the impact and so far succeeding as long as we have power to run my pump..

I have to say that the constant stagnant river smell is beginning to get to me I can't imagine living over top of one of these klongs like so many do.. We have 2 small fish about 4.5cm long in our drive past our sand bags tonight and I have no idea how they got there, there is no hole big enough for them to get in, this is the third one I've seen and taken jpegs of, the first one was in the early days and was in a small drain far from the bulk of the flood waters on Srong Bra Pa rd, same type of fish too oddly enough..

post-83221-0-86543300-1319900509_thumb.j

post-83221-0-32091900-1319902201_thumb.j

post-83221-0-60128100-1319905463_thumb.j

Funny thing is they're paying serious money in Dubai for islands that offer the water front property we now own on virtually all sides of our house if it starts going inside our neighbors.. We haven't really been able to get too many rivers in Thailand so I guess mother nature felt sorry for us and brought the river to us, nice thought but I wish she hadn't :( ..

Took me an hour to post this as I had to download the jpegs and I just noticed water rising in my downstairs bathroom that is unfortunately my weak point..

Well, good luck and back to work..

Thanks for keeping us up to date Warpspeed, I had been wondering what had happened to you! I just checked the front door the water is about two inches from entering the house I am hoping that there might be some relief tonight. Don Muang seems to be an unfortunate part of Bangkok!

Doesn't sound (forgive the pun) good either.

If I were you, I would consider evacuating if that's an option. In any case, keep safe and all the best of luck.

Khlong Bang Chuek Nang (Thawi Watthana) has about 50cm left before it overflows my Soi, but it has already overflowed in some places where there aren't any barriers and the flow is really really fast. I don't know if it is just today at high tide or the water level will keep rising and for how long will it continue to rise.

1 hour ago from Victoria Monument all the way to Emporium (Sukhumvit 24) all dry, a friend just went from Soi Cowboy and he did not see any flooding, traffic was low as well.

There won't be any flooding in that area until it passes Laksi/Don Muang airport. Can people stop giving redundant "it's dry" reports deep into bangkok?

No sh*t sherlock We know it's dry because the water hasn't passed certain levee points yet.

May I suggest that you ignore posts that don't apply to YOUR personal circumstances and let others decide what they want to do with the "it's dry" reports? I find it very helpful to know where it is still dry.

+1. I am also interested in dry areas.

Lopburi. My customer had to leave their factory and homes about a month ago, and the water reached some 3 meters. We have been in touch almost daily, and the water is receding now to the extent that they expect to move back by the end of next week.

It won't, it will only get higher. Many people have reported from dry to ankle deep to knee deep to waist deep until they suddenly faced reality and had to be evacuated by boat.

Don't be a burden on society, move out while you still can by your own means.

Yes, international tide charts call for that, and has us all nervous. According to the current data, Sunday and Monday -- 9Am and 6PM approximately, are going to suck.

http://www.myforecas...onID=T2323#tide

over 3m tide forecast for tomorrow AND MONDAY

November 26 again over 3m

The river right now in Bangkok is very near to critical height

http://hermes.traffy....php?cctvid=638

My mooban has already started to flood in sai 4 water rising slowly. Am gonna be moving out soon. Water level here is higher than ankle and outside the sand bag wall at the road entrance is over knee.

You are all too paranoid. I live in Phrayasuren Soi 3 and there is and was never any flood water anywhere. There will never be any. I have my car parked in front of the house and do not have any sand bags. Sure, there are some districts flooded but all of you panic too much - parking cars on expressways and bridges and buying like the world will end. Look at Klong Phrayasuren and you will see it has still a lot of capacity left before overflowing. The governor of Bangkok was right from the beginning saying that Bangkok can handle it. You are overreacting (leaving the city - are you out of your mind?) and bunkering yourself up in your houses. What's the big deal with 20 cm of water?

I have been today at the sluice gate of Klong Phrayasuren (near Sai Mai) and it all holds pretty well. Flood water, if any, travels pretty slowly and you will get ample warnings before it reaches your house.

Hospitals: Rutin hospitai still at high level servise- :I hope this is on topic - went to wonderful Rutnin hospital this morning Hope you never have o go there ...... bouquets to them/ i have an chorinc blindness prob:

hope you neverh ave to use it but ...Rutnin ...great hosipital

So far so good. No water around here .. for the moment. As long as the dykes hold. If not, flash floods. soi 6 ad 8 I continue to be so impressed with Rutnin Hospital and Dr Hathairat (remember her name, should you ever need i) - hope ou nrbrtnever needit. She gave me the full treatment today.

My very good expeserieceWent there this morning. Very few patients (I was no. 5). Eyes very sore. No corneal or organic damage but something going haywire with the irrigation system (tear ducts, etc.). Off to the dreaded nurses' station where they are usually sooo slooow. Very efficient for a change. Ran liquids through the systems and identified the problem. I made the mistake of speaking Thai and received lots of rapid fire Thai instructions. When I went walking off to the wrong room, the nurse realised my Thai was not that fluent. So Dr H took me off the normal eye drops as they have a preservative and with this duct issue that is not a good idea, as she fully explained (as I said I am impressed with her - she really is professional - so much better than the cattle processing oz docs I dealt with). She repeated (tells me every second time I see her and I have now been seeing her for years) that sleep is very important for eye recovery especially in my case - corneal - forget the name of the substance but it is the same as in fingernails. keratin? So, sleep a lot please, she said yet again. As usual, the cashier was the slowest service, but out of there in an hour. Felt so good I walked home. Well, I realised that although I have lots of buddhist candles (lucky for some), I don't have a torch. Where do you go to get a torch? The chinese chemist of course. I also needed a flash drive to record shows for sanity. Where? the chinese chemist, obviously. I think that guy has absolutely everything. Will see if he can arrange a ticket to Vientiane and a crate of beer tomorrow. Well, this is becoming a bit routine ... military coup - hole up in the condo ... last year's shootup and riots - hole up in the condo .... floods - hole up in the condo. And, as usual that little joint between sois 6 and 8 remains open no matter what - coups, riots, shootings, floods, etc. They must really like their job!

Are you for real or are you just being a ...?

You are all too paranoid. I live in Phrayasuren Soi 3 and there is and was never any flood water anywhere. There will never be any. I have my car parked in front of the house and do not have any sand bags. Sure, there are some districts flooded but all of you panic too much - parking cars on expressways and bridges and buying like the world will end. Look at Klong Phrayasuren and you will see it has still a lot of capacity left before overflowing. The governor of Bangkok was right from the beginning saying that Bangkok can handle it. You are overreacting (leaving the city - are you out of your mind?) and bunkering yourself up in your houses. What's the big deal with 20 cm of water?

I have been today at the sluice gate of Klong Phrayasuren (near Sai Mai) and it all holds pretty well. Flood water, if any, travels pretty slowly and you will get ample warnings before it reaches your house.

You must be bored and fishing for reactions. In Bangkoknoi, they were told if flood water hit 30 cm, the power would be cut. That is crucial, no refrigeration, and no food stores safe and ina depleted market. Please find another forum to troll, psuedo-scientist.

Please reread my first post. Thats whats happening now. As I predicted. The incomming flood was slowed and built up. Now as the tide goes back the downflow towards the sea will speed up and then meet the deichs. Then lets guess.¿

I found a good, probable quite updated flood map. It’s all in Thai, but it shouldn’t be difficult to imagine what is water.

Se: http://203.150.230.27/FloodMap/index.html?search=&locate=&xmin=11105110.04837066&ymin=1518928.8106264025&xmax=11303081.95162934&ymax=1639852.1893735975

You can zoom yourself around the map.

I live in Ayutthaya

Water has reduced all over the Ayutthaya, along the river they are breaking down the mostly useless barriers

Outskirts of the city can be reached with all kinds of transport again since this morning

Highway 32 to Bangkok is opened for regular car as well

That's very good news. That means water is draining out quickly and smoothly as Bangkok is only showing signs of slight flooding at the moment.

I live in Bangkok. Don Muang actually and whilst "slightly" is a subjective comment I consider that 1 metre of water ( at last report but possibly more now ) is hardly considered as slight. Like many posters on here I suspect you are not flooded.

River level at my condo on Praram 3 near soi 50 is about as high as it's been at the high water mark the last few days and small sois in the area are beginning to flood as they usually do at high water. What I'm a little concerned about is that we're now still 3 hours before the next expected high water here.

Looking forward to hear the morning report on your back yard water fall. Are you north or south of the east-west rail line?

No report in your area on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14&msa=0&ll=13.73605,100.591164&spn=0.178424,0.338173

In Khlong Samwa, but to the west of Safari World. Khu Bon road seems to still be dry, although the KFC at the end (where the Big C supermarket is) was closed yesterday and Big C looked to have low stocks. MaxValu on Panya Indra road on the other hand seemed to have stock of the stuff that was getting hard to find locally. i.e. got loaf, ham, milk etc. there yesterday.

There is some flooding on Phraya Suren Road, at the Northern end (i.e. past soi 43 or so, but was still passable in a 4WD, and by going along Khu Bon road and then north on the road alongside Kanchanapisek, that flooding can be avoided if you're going to the expressway.

However the water level has risen in the ditches at the side of the roads near there, so wouldn't be surprised to see water crossing that road also. (i.e. near the entrabce to the Honda R&D place water is encroaching onto the road)

Fashion Island seems to be set up for a lot more water. Basement level is closed and all entrances to that level have had big concrete block walls built up. (The upper levels in the car parks at Fashion Island are all full. If you're going there to shop, you can only get parked at ground level)

Hey Mike - u talked about the road parallel to Kanchana, past Honda R&D - did you go all the way to the top where the road goes under the Highway to get onto the tollway? Been wondering if that part is flooded yet, since that "river" is part of Klong Praya and further upstream on Sai Mai Road this canal is spilling out all over (well, it was 2 days ago). I use this road to get onto the Chalong Rat Highway for work, but been working at home on Nimitmai last few days. Last time I went by that road, the football pitch about halfway up was still holding as they had sandbagged the norther side to keep that overfilled rice field from coming thru! Wonder if they still can play footie?!

cheers

Central Lad Prao area all dry and I assume will stay that way now.

Really?

Look at the post from johnlek a little while ago:

I found a good, probable quite updated flood map. It’s all in Thai, but it shouldn’t be difficult to imagine what is water.

203.150.230.27/FloodMap/index.html?search=&locate=&xmin=11105110.04837066&ymin=1518928.8106264025&xmax=11303081.95162934&ymax=1639852.1893735975

You can zoom yourself around the map.

Do you see the exclamation point in the triangle at Ngam Won Wan, just above Rathayothin, which is just above Central?

Have you seen the flood barriers going up in front of businesses?

The water may be taking weeks, not days, to go shopping at Central, but I don't think it's going to remain as dry as a cigar without a humidor for much longer.

I'm heading back to Saphan Mai now, and then to Choke Chai. I'll try to post pix later this morning, and maybe a prediction.

post-32175-0-11384700-1319935723_thumb.j

Just to dispell the myth; I drove yesterday morning (1am) from Suvarnahbumhi to non din daeng.

I saw little if any water on the surface between the airport, no.7 highway and Chachoengsao. The traffic at that hour was good too, until ~30km from Non Din Daeng just past Nang Rong in that mountainous stretch. Usual trucks mechanically decaying or just running off the road, 3 solid cases mixed in with some tragic chaos thanks to those who felt it their right to go around the traffic which blocked the path for the toe vehicles and oncoming traffic. 3hrs for 30km, I'd avoid the area or use it for a bit of rest time.