Best Place To Get The Bike Washed

Drew Aitch

Hi Forum,

IT'S A MUCKY OLE JOB BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO IT!

Huay Kaew Road: I used to use the petrol station on Huay Kaew Rd opposite The Lemon Tree restaurant. Recently they've got a new team in there and it doesn’t look as though they are encouraging the motorbike wash & polish service any more. I've nipped in there twice this past month, and the first time got the negative hand wave informing me that it cannot be done, and the second time I was told it would take over 2 hours despite their only being 3 cars in queue. So I'm thinking this new lot might want to promote cars and pickups and perhaps do away with bike wash.

Central Kad Suan Kaew: I quite like the underground wash at Central Kad Suan Kaew. They charge 100 Baht for bikes (as opposed to 40-60 Baht at other places), but it's the best wash and polish I've ever had so don't mind the extra charge. Problem with this place though is that they'll only allow a bike if there are no cars lining up, and even if you tell them you can leave it and come back later, it's still a big NO if they think it's going to remain busy with 4 wheeled vehicles. Fair enough I suppose if that's where the profit is.

So, if anyone here can suggest a good local bike wash 'n' polish place with a waiting time no longer than 30 minutes on average, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Aitch

There's a good place near Bud's Ice cream (on the same side, but further along Bumrungraj Rd, i.e. away from the flee market street) It's 80 Baht.

You can have a coffee at Mosaic coffee shop, or ice cream at Buds while you wait. They do a great job.

There's a good place near Bud's Ice cream (on the same side, but further along Bumrungraj Rd, i.e. away from the flee market street) It's 80 Baht. You can have a coffee at Mosaic coffee shop, or ice cream at Buds while you wait. They do a great job.

Thanks for that keo. I'm not familiar with the area, but i'm sure to find it on the map.

Just been informed of another place that's happy to do bike wash for 50-60 Baht. It's the petrol station in Moon Muang Moat road, next to DK bookshop. The bike wash is right at the back of the petrol station.

Cheers

Aitch

The Shell Petrol Station on Huay Kaew Rd ( the one you mentioned ) was still doing bikes about 10 days back. Mine is a little more involved than normal and the charge is still only 60 baht. I usually let them keep the change from 100 baht - but for this, I get to sit in air-conditioned comfort, help myself to a nice cup of coffee and read a magazine whilst waiting. A pretty good deal and the bike and side-car comes away looking really clean ( how long can you get any bike to stay looking clean, anyway ?).

Suggest you might give them another go.

Cheers.

re ... Just been informed of another place that's happy to do bike wash for 50-60 Baht. It's the petrol station in Moon Muang Moat road, next to DK bookshop. The bike wash is right at the back of the petrol station.

a basic bike wash here starts at 40 baht ... its at the top of the price list

above where the boys sit when theres no customers

dave2 ... a 40 baht cheap charlie : (

post-42592-0-04519100-1318758762_thumb.j

I live out in the sticks near CMU on Huay Kaew Road.

My local deal is a full fledged wash operation called J.C.T. Does SUVs, down to scooters. 2 big cement wash ramps for you nasty big truck offroaders

They don't sell gas. Rudimentary with a small waiting room with TV, but definitely not a greasepit motosai shop, etc.

South of Phucome Hotel a few hundred meters on Irrigation Canal Road, same side.

They charge the lordly sum of 40 THB for a Wave, Dream, etc.

A CBR or big bike- 50 THB.

This is a full detail, takes at least 1/2 hr, with pressure wash, then full handwash, then blow-dry with air hoses, then Armour All the seats and tires.

They have a sign out front in Thai- full carwash is 70 THB.

B)

I live out in the sticks near CMU on Huay Kaew Road.

My local deal is a full fledged wash operation called J.C.T. Does SUVs, down to scooters. 2 big cement wash ramps for you nasty big truck offroaders

They don't sell gas. Rudimentary with a small waiting room with TV, but definitely not a greasepit motosai shop, etc.

South of Phucome Hotel a few hundred meters on Irrigation Canal Road, same side.

They charge the lordly sum of 40 THB for a Wave, Dream, etc.

A CBR or big bike- 50 THB.

This is a full detail, takes at least 1/2 hr, with pressure wash, then full handwash, then blow-dry with air hoses, then Armour All the seats and tires.

They have a sign out front in Thai- full carwash is 70 THB.

B)

I'd be careful having your bike pressure washed as the force can cause water to get into the electrical system and create problems.

There's a good place near Bud's Ice cream (on the same side, but further along Bumrungraj Rd, i.e. away from the flee market street) It's 80 Baht.

You can have a coffee at Mosaic coffee shop, or ice cream at Buds while you wait. They do a great job.

Tried that last month and they would not wash my chopper. Said they did not do bikes. Or not mine, at least.....

The Shell Petrol Station on Huay Kaew Rd ( the one you mentioned ) was still doing bikes about 10 days back. Mine is a little more involved than normal and the charge is still only 60 baht. I usually let them keep the change from 100 baht - but for this, I get to sit in air-conditioned comfort, help myself to a nice cup of coffee and

Nescafe.

There is a redeeming factor however, in that it's opposite the excellent Lemon Tree restaurant. So you can have excellent Thai food there, while you vehicle is getting the spa treatment. ;)

Tip: When at Lemon Tree, order the pork ribs stewed in tamarind sauce. It's on the white-board 'specials' menu on the wall. Incredible; it would work really well as Farang food too; it's mildly spiced. And 80 baht I think.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

There is a redeeming factor however, in that it's opposite the excellent Lemon Tree restaurant. So you can have excellent Thai food there, while you vehicle is getting the spa treatment. ;)

If you want food try J.T. Car wash on Santitham Road, they have their own restaurant! Cheap, Thai-Chinese style food. They're on a big lot to the west of Santitham Road between Tewan and Thongkwao Roads. It's a decent sized operation and they seem to do a good job. Mainly cars but also Bikes IIRC. Fun bunch of guys working there too :rolleyes:

There's a new one on Santisuk Road between Soi 3 and 5, as well as another near the Playhouse/Tops (On the exit Road to Chang Puek Soi 4). Dunno how well either do with bikes.