Tthe Elephant & Castle

Beng

Beng I , I think it has been sold. A development resembling Niki Beach to replace it. I could stand corrected.

i heard the same, but a slight different concept , not to sure how it will fit in with the Bang Rak scene

Beng I , I think it has been sold. A development resembling Niki Beach to replace it. I could stand corrected.

i heard the same, but a slight different concept , not to sure how it will fit in with the Bang Rak scene

Perhaps Spumante or Passion Pop could replace the Moet Chandon?

Sorry to hear that. I used to drink in there, after fawlty towers in Bophut was shut ( was a great place).... Who's next ? Is ex Big Joes still open ? And the irish times by Bandon hospital ?

shame another nie location for sunday roast has disoppeared

Heard that Khun Oh is still doing the Sunday Roasts at her new place!

Sorry, but it is no more.

The boys are back in the UK for now, and Kh Oh (the chef) has opened her new place in Bangrak where the old Jungle Gym used to be. Same great food - new location.:D (Road opposite Blue Diamond Lodge on the Ghost road.)

Sorry to hear that. I used to drink in there, after fawlty towers in Bophut was shut ( was a great place).... Who's next ? Is ex Big Joes still open ? And the irish times by Bandon hospital ?

Irish Times still open.You can also try The Emerald Irish pub in the village, good Sunday lunches.

isn't/wasn't there an Irish Pub with the whole original Irish interior shipped from Ireland on Lamai?

that was an english place ( i think ) , and the top of lamai, went in there once or twice about 7 years ago, wasnt a hit and think gone now

isn't/wasn't there an Irish Pub with the whole original Irish interior shipped from Ireland on Lamai?

The Irish Pub at Buddies hotel you are talking about, they purchased the booths from Emerald. Fairly authentic inside.

The Irish Pub at Buddies hotel you are talking about, they purchased the booths from Emerald. Fairly authentic inside.

without offending the other irish pubs, i do think the one at buddies does have the best interior, and certainly the best draft beer selection on Samui , but its a big brand outfit

There was a place years ago in Lamai roo, that had its entire interior shiped from the UK, or maybe it was Ireland, but the place was never busy

without offending the other irish pubs, i do think the one at buddies does have the best interior, and certainly the best draft beer selection on Samui , but its a big brand outfit

There was a place years ago in Lamai roo, that had its entire interior shiped from the UK, or maybe it was Ireland, but the place was never busy

It is a nice pub for a visit, a bit too far for me for a session, but nice air con & good draught. The one you are talking about was on the corner of the middle bar ( ? ) road & the ring road. Weird place to have it.

It is a nice pub for a visit, a bit too far for me for a session, but nice air con & good draught. The one you are talking about was on the corner of the middle bar ( ? ) road & the ring road. Weird place to have it.

yes that is the location, they also used to have a load of bars opposite on the ring road ( think the where called Ankor ) , but they also shut down....

but would agree on location of the buddy irish bar, but if they had put that complex in the middle of Chaweng, say where the Khun Chawend ( failure ) shopping complex was, it would be doing a roaring trade, and make the centre of Chaweng more ' impressive '

11 years ago, there was a pub in lamai called the MAUNY ARMS and the guy who had it came from romford in england, and his local pub in Romford was closing down, so he bought all the interior and shipped it over here, and re built it.It was on the main rd in lamai, i remember having xmas dinner there 11 years ago, and it was busy pub when i was there.

He then moved when his lease was up and moved it to another place in lamai then sold it.

The original decor is still in lamai.but when i went there many years later,it was weathered

11 years ago, there was a pub in lamai called the MAUNY ARMS and the guy who had it came from romford in england, and his local pub in Romford was closing down, so he bought all the interior and shipped it over here, and re built it.It was on the main rd in lamai...

11 years??!! I thought it is still there or at least I thought I saw it there at one of the last times I past there....

sorry roo, messed up again, the story about the mauny arms came from dave

The name was Mawney Arms, as I remember

Guys I ain't sure where you have been, reminising about 11 year old Bars, and not even sure they are still where you left them.

Samui is a very different beast from as recently as 5 years ago.

I have tonight spoken to the new owner of the original E & C.

He tells me it's going upscale, is going to be very beach orientated and will also incorporate an indoor/outdoor pool.

A big investment is being made, there are plenty of budget and medium scale establishments on the Island, personally I think it can only

be good for the Island imparticularly Bangrak.

I do understand that many people will want to go some place and pay 49 baht for a beer, but there are also people who would enjoy a nice bottle of wine

The more in the mix the merrier.

Before you start on my post, I have no personal investment or other interest, but would like to see a nice venue to spend my 1 day off.