Strangulation In Thailand

stopthegreed

For a long time now, I have wondered what the Thai people are thinking. Do they not realise that without tourism this country will never flourish the way they wish it to?. In fact it will probably go backwards.

Last year Tourism brought 2.8Billion US dollars into the Thai economy, (official figures.)

Whether we like it or not, it is a fact that the majority of people come here for the laid back aproach towards the sex industry. Not so many years ago, Thailand was a cheap place to holiday and indeed to live. I bought my first house for 1 million baht 8 years ago. The same type of house is now selling for 3.5 million. The cost of same materials and poor building practices have changed little. The price of alcohol has more than trebled, and the ladies seem to think that all foreigners are millionaires.

Thai people have a strange mentality. If something is not selling well, they simply put the price up, ????

I had an email from a freind I have not sen for a few years, this was his first visit in 5 years. He told me he was shocked at how the prices had jumped to now on par or even more expensive than the UK. He said he will not return to Thailand again. Is this an isolated viewpoint? I think not, I have spoken to so many people who have, or are thinking of moving to places like Cambodia, and Vietnam, because it was just too expensive here.

Back to the girls in Pattaya for example. They used to give you a good time for 1,000 baht, and be happy with this, now they ask for 2-3,000 baht for short time. They are strangling the very thing that supports their families. Of course we are all to blame for this, we should simply say no !!!!

Now as much as I sympathise with the families that have suffered with the recent rains, and my condolences to those who have lost loved onse. But this will have one of two affects.

Firstly will people sell their goods, including the ladies to get quick cash to help their families or will they do what they do best, and hold out by charging more???

It is all driven by greed. And we the Expats have it in our grasp to simply say NO !!!

You are absolutely right. Thais should sell everything for less than it costs them to make, to keep a bunch of cheap Charlie farangs happy. Who do they think they are trying to make a profit?

Stop the greed. Occupy Patpong!

584517-the-power-fist.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.

You are absolutely right. Thais should sell everything for less than it costs them to make, to keep a bunch of cheap Charlie farangs happy. Who do they think they are trying to make a profit?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:jap:

Yah, us old farts should get a seniors discount on the ladies. Half the time when they come over we need our glasses to see who is knocking on the door, and then we can't remember who they are... "Are you here to pick up the little kittens? Somebody said something about pussy on the phone and maybe she meant the neighbour's cat." :whistling:

It is another example of the dumbing down of society. The ladies in tourist areas are reacting to the younger generations lack of basic knowledge. More and more women are walking on TTL as opposed to working the coconut bar and the latest crop of visitors doesn't know the difference.

The old guys are becoming fluent in Thai and moving to the sticks where the prices are still the same.

I did the trip a long time ago. Came to Bangkok got hustled; moved to Chiang Mai and went airy fairy and toured temples and took Thai cooking courses and hiked in the mountains. Then I took Thai language courses, got a job and went native.

There is another thread running here about a guy who spent 10,000 baht investigating a Thai women to find out if she was a good girl and didn't get laid. How bright is that?

If I spent 10,000 baht I'd have 20 women and bound to find one good one in the bunch.

There is a sucker born every minute and more of them are vacationing in Thailand. It is easier to score one guy in three nights as opposed to a guy every night for 1/3 the money.

Pathetic.