One Way Ticket Ok?

Hello,

I am going to be staying in Thailand for at least one year with doing border runs or retirement if I can swing the $ part. Age not a problem. My question is can I buy a one-way ticket from US and handle all else once I get to Chiang Mai? My plans are to be coming mid to end of Nov.

Thank You

The problem is the airline may not allow you to board without a visa or a ticket exiting Thailand. You could consider applying for a Tourist Visa, that would allow a stay of 60 days, and could be extended for 30 days for 1900 Baht. If the retirement extension is doubtful, apply for a double or triple entry Tourist Visa.

This should probably be moved over to the Visa Forum for other responses.

Edited by beechguy

Get a VISA.

esp with the 15 Day visa runs !

get an open return valid for the stay of a tourist visa, and rechange your flights, while you are here you have time to sort your visa out !, you might even find our the place is not what the dream was suposed to be and off home in 3 months

Departing from the US they will stop you for sure, they read TIMATIC (visa rules) like it is the gospel. Also since you will most likely be flying via NRT/HKG/TPE they will sometimes do another DOCS check, had it happen in Japan a few times. Much simpler to buy round trip or apply for the visa.

As was stated, I came over from LA 2 years ago on one way ticket on Eva. My travel agent handled the Visa part of it. Think the requirement was an non-immigrant O visa. They did not check any Visa stamps at check in at LAX, only the ID Page.