UK charges man for possessing al-Qaeda magazine

News_Editor

I've seen the magazine and I'm pretty sure that some of these things were covered. :bah:

You've seen it, means that you possessed it at some point which means you are as guilty as the person in the story? Oh dear, in your case you have admitted to possession of jihadist material!!!!

This was just released by Scotland Yard:

[A] Mohammed Abdul Hasnath, 19 (22/9/92) of Blair Street, E14 appears incustody at City of Marylebone Magistrates' Court charged with six counts

of possession of document or record containing information of a kind

likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of

terrorism (cont. Section 58 Terrorism Act 2000).

Same charge as against the other guy, but doesn't say whether this also involves the possession of Inspire..

Likely being used?????

I suppose you can be charged the same thing for having a rolled up piece of newspaper, I mean, one can light the end and set off the cannons old chap.

Better get rid of all those science projects for your child off the internet whilst you are still free.

Perhaps all men are soon to be arrested because they have an instrument that could likely be useful in committing a crime (rape).

Did they even think to follow this guy, maybe find out other contacts and just perhaps get some bigger fish?

\

No actually I can't.....It is spot on & proven yet again by this latest post of yours.

It is enough to say we think very differently.

You are willing to trade your freedom & liberties .....I am not.

You are afraid of things you are led to believe....I am not.

It is not I that subscribes to conspiracy theories...It is you

You think differently as shown by your stance on many things.... That is fine with me no problem....It is what I support.

.....Until you try to trade/surrender what is not yours but ours.... because of your fears.

You are under some kind of delusion that once the rot as you call it is gone.. your liberties & freedoms fought for by your forefathers will be returned....They will not!

Freedoms have already been traded (largely for oil as it happens) that is there for all to see from the fact that existing laws are no longer enforced equally, or indeed at all in some cases where doing so might spark an inner city riot. Anyway we could argue this for eternity so I suppose the future will be our judge.

P.S As for you not subscribing to conspiracy theories. :coffee1:

Let's refrain from personally addressing posters and what we think they do or don't believe and what they are or aren't willing to give up.

It's not the point of the thread. Addressing such issues in a general manner gives posters a greater chance to answer without becoming defensive.

Thanks.

I actually think it's better to allow people to see whatever. Then (as alluded to earlier in this thread), perhaps check up on those who appear to want to be seriously bad boys. Also, you know how kids react when something is banned by their parents or teachers? Yup, it makes them want it all the more.

I have a godson in the US who got in trouble a lot when he was a kid. When he was about 14, I asked him what he liked to look up on the internet. He said 'bomb making'. I was surprised but didn't discipline him for that. Update 15 years hence: now he's a building contractor, happily married, and a well-adjusted member of the community. The silly things that a kid does in his/her younger years doesn't necessarily mark them for the rest of their lives.

one other note: when I was 18 and resided in Wash D.C. in the late 1960's there was an alternative paper called "DC Free Press" one of the articles was how to make an H-bomb (I jest not) with a diagram. It was not banned. As far as I know, no one used that diagram to do so.

Haven't seen anything in the UK media about this case at all. A search on google news only brings up this:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hiMIctFFhT82Ra4x595j0ZAOWwfw?docId=B21683841319150936A00

My guess would be they lacked evidence to get him on anything else. If it is exactly as reported in the OP, I don't see why they would bring charges but rather keep him under surveillance to catch some bigger fish.

Haven't seen anything in the UK media about this case at all. A search on google news only brings up this:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hiMIctFFhT82Ra4x595j0ZAOWwfw?docId=B21683841319150936A00

My guess would be they lacked evidence to get him on anything else. If it is exactly as reported in the OP, I don't see why they would bring charges but rather keep him under surveillance to catch some bigger fish.

It's on the Met's own website:

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Man-charged-with-Terrorism-Act-offence/1400003858712/1257246745756