Which Real Ales Would You Love To Have In Thailand

nong38

I like the Thai beers, like the price to compared to what I used to pay in the UK and France, but I do miss my REAL ALES, walking into a pub and "lets see whats on tonight!" What guest ales have we got, coming from the England it something I really do miss and i would love to have that option here. My favourites in England and I wish we could get them here were "Batemans XXXB (Wainfleet, Lincs), Palmers 200 (Bridport, Dorset) , Sharps Special ( Rock, Cornwall), Mauldons Black Adder (Suffolk) , Adnams Broadside ( Southwold, Suffolk ), Nelson's Revenge (Woodfordes, Norwich) and John Smiths Magnet (Tadcaster, Yorkshire). What would you like to see here to make your day?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harviestoun's Bitter and Twisted.

You are not going to believe this, I am having a Chang from a tankard I got at the St Albans Real Ale Festival a couple of years ago, engraved into the glass is Harviestouns Bitter and Twisted! You could not make it up! A fine low alc drink like Sharps Cornish Coaster.

havnt been a beer man since late 70s but yu have got to try brains sa.known in cardiff where its brewed as [scull attack] anyone remember hancocks pa.

Brains in prime condition was a fine pint indeed!

Harviestoun's Bitter and Twisted.

You are not going to believe this, I am having a Chang from a tankard I got at the St Albans Real Ale Festival a couple of years ago, engraved into the glass is Harviestouns Bitter and Twisted! You could not make it up! A fine low alc drink like Sharps Cornish Coaster.

biggrin.gif I Believe it..and a Chang will taste fine from the tankard......how about a Roosters Rooster?

For me, Greene King Abbot Ale [before it was cask conditioned] Adnams draught Broadside comes a close second, both Suffolk Beers,

Adnams Broadside - never better than when it is supped at the Sole Bay Inn in Southwold. It travels well to there :)

Bass Ale, Marston's Pedigree, Ind Coop's Burton Ale, and the other famous one from Burton on Trent that I can't remember now...

and to top off, Timothy Taylor's Landlord... the Lord of all real ales...

oh, and also Harvey's Special from Lewes in E.Sussex...around Brighton you just say: 'pint of Special, please...'

believe it or not there's real ale pub in Derby called the Railway Tavern that used to have all the Burton on Trent beers AND Tim Taylor's Landlord...couldn't see the sky for all the CAMRA anoraks and beards...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

post-41194-0-81058700-1319037728_thumb.j

:lol:

Is that the one thats brewed in Adelaide? Bloke I used to work with was from there and he used to rate that beer, come to think of it he rated most beers, after lunch he would do anything for anyone( if he could get up! Great bloke, great memories.

Ah Harveys reminds me of great days out in Groombridge, Worthing and Hastings.

Quick spin around then! Twaites Dambuster, Jennings Snecklifter, Mordue ales ( Gateshead), Yorkshire Terrier, Clarkes Blonde, Woodefordes Wherry, Old Growler ( Essex ), Charles Wells (Bedford) Bombardier, Everards ( Leicester) Tiger, Ventor Brewery ( I.O.W) Oyster Double Stout, anyone remember Eldridge Pope (Dorchester) Royal Oak? Brewed now in Devon by I think O'haligeans ( not sure of the speeling but its either Ottery St. Mary or Honiton.

Elgoods (Wisbech ) Golden Newt, Sheapherd Neame ( Kent) Spitfire and Bishops Finger.

I wonder why this topic is popular?:D

I lived in Wisbech for 6 months working on the Sutton Bridge power plant and had heard of the local brew (Elgoods?) but never saw any in the local pubs or around in the Fenlands area villages...maybe they useta just export it?

nice country around there but no good selection of ales...I useta drink lager there, mostly...my local called The Ringers was in the village with the ancient church goin' out of town towards Sutton Bridge on the left...young couple used to run it in 1997...

Elgoods (Wisbech ) Golden Newt, Sheapherd Neame ( Kent) Spitfire and Bishops Finger.

I wonder why this topic is popular?:D

I lived in Wisbech for 6 months working on the Sutton Bridge power plant and had heard of the local brew (Elgoods?) but never saw any in the local pubs or around in the Fenlands area villages...maybe they useta just export it?

nice country around there but no good selection of ales...I useta drink lager there, mostly...my local called The Ringers was in the village with the ancient church goin' out of town towards Sutton Bridge on the left...young couple used to run it in 1997...

North Brink Brewery, see their ales in Wetherspoons a bit and the bottled beers turned up in Morrisons and Waitrose. Good stuff too, I believe its run by one of the family still, a lady last time I heard.