Pathumthani And Pranakkonsriayuthaya Immigration

Immigration makes the following anouncement:

Due to flooding situation, Patumthani Immigration and Pranakhonsriayuthaya Immigration now temporarily serve at Foreigner Services Section, Immigration Division 3, Government Complex, 3rd Floor, Building B. For more information, please contact 0 2141 9969.

Also be advised that Monday is a (substitute) gvernment holiday. All government offices will be closed.

Foreigner Services Section, Immigration Division 3, Government Complex, 3rd Floor, Building B

That's in Chaeng Watthana in Bangkok, isn't it? The same building, but a different floor, where the new Bangkok immigration office is located?

Changwattana Road has been a parking lot all day long. Government complex looks more like a parking lot than anything else. I did my 90 day report this morning, 20 october at 10AM. Headed west from gov complex and saw the beginning of flood waters less than 300 meters from the exit of the complex. I really don't see any way they can keep the place open past this evening. Expressway heading back into BKK had parked cars everywhere, sometimes three lanes taken up, one lane left for traffic. Would strongly suggest to stay away from that area altogether.

Traffic around gov complexes, Chaeng Wattana, is 6 lanes of barely moving traffic. /via@RichardBarrow

Edited by redsox44

The flooding as a defective water gate of MWA and not general flooding (that one klong was overflowing). Traffic headed East was reported freely flowing while West was very slow (mostly because of parked cars of those not aware the water problem was a local issue) - most posts I have seen today report few problems in that area other than the slow traffic if arriving/going West.

Immigration website appears to be down/inaccessible (Monday 24th October). Prior to the disappearance the news concerning Pathum Thani/Pranakkonsriayuthaya relocation was not updated since 19th...

Hotline is unhelpful and the computer voice generated message barely intelligible... no human option it seems

Edited by roblgs

The original announcement

Due to flooding situation, Patumthani Immigration and Pranakhonsriayuthaya Immigration now temporarily serve at Foreigner Services Section, Immigration Division 3, Government Complex, 3rd Floor, Building B. For more information, please contact 0 2141 9969.

The phone number given here comes back as 'unavailable' dialled from landline (TOT) and a connection failure when dialled from a mobile. Suggests number not in service!

Main immigration number unsurprisingly is engaged... or is that 'swamped'!

There were some problems with the mainpage, but the other pages were accessible. Currently there is no announcement of immigration at Cheang Wattana being closed or anything, so I suspect it is open as usual.

Edit: added that it is about CW-road.

I suspect there has not been anyone there over the holiday weekend and probably makeshift facilities and very busy today.

Got a 90 day report due tomorrow - going to Chang Wattana from Rama 9 Rd - should I take the highway north from the MRT HQ area, go over Ram Intra to Lak-Si and Chang Wattana (from the East) or

should I take the highway from Rama 9 to the west and then turn north to Chang Wattana, heading East to the government complex?

In short, coming from downtown Bangkok should I approach the Government Complex and Immigration office from the East or from the West to avoid the traffic/road blockage/flooding ?

Thanks

I would highly advise using taxi who should know the current situation at the time - do not believe there is much parking available so likely easier. From current reports access is still available from both directions but from East has been the dry way but suspect water from Don Muang will be in that area in larger amounts tomorrow.

Got a 90 day report due tomorrow - going to Chang Wattana from Rama 9 Rd - should I take the highway north from the MRT HQ area, go over Ram Intra to Lak-Si and Chang Wattana (from the East) or

should I take the highway from Rama 9 to the west and then turn north to Chang Wattana, heading East to the government complex?

In short, coming from downtown Bangkok should I approach the Government Complex and Immigration office from the East or from the West to avoid the traffic/road blockage/flooding ?

Thanks

I went there at 9:00AM this morning, from Ratchada via Ram Intra / Laksi. I didn't see any water at all, no more cars that usual and small queue at the desk. It is bit messy outside the complex because all cars are parked there.

The only big issue: all copy shops are closed, so better bring all copies you need.

Edited by jackk