Pre-nuptual

nyinma

Greetings,

New to the forum.

I'm preparing to marry a Thai woman in TL and would like some feedback about whether a pre-nup is a good idea.

I'm very happy with the girl who I've know for a while now and know she's a woman of good character however I had a rough divorce with a woman in the US where I had to part with half of my assets.

I'm just wondering if I'm fairly well protected by having the marriage in TL.

Your thoughts?

If you need a pre-nup WHY are you getting married?

Sorry, but sad man. :D

I forgot to say :o (you will find our thoughts are forthrigtht but not totally without logic ,and always well meant [unless Siam supergob is involved])

Edited by roscoe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you all,  I completely disagree with pre-nup.  If you truly cares for the others, Money or items shouldn't be an issue. Even if you are trying to protect yourself.  If money and things matters that much to you than you shouldn't get married. As far a i'm concern, its all about caring and wanting to take care of the other person, even for a short period of time.  Thats what life is to me.

Why buy the cow?

I'm sure it's "champing" chomping is eating whereas champing is well champing!!!

From the online dictionary:

champ1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (chmp)

v. champed, champ·ing, champs

v. tr.

To bite or chew upon noisily. See Synonyms at bite.

v. intr.

To work the jaws and teeth vigorously.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

To show impatience at being held back or delayed.

I'm sure it's "champing" chomping is eating whereas champing is well champing!!!

From the online dictionary:

champ1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (chmp)

v. champed, champ·ing, champs

v. tr.

To bite or chew upon noisily. See Synonyms at bite.

v. intr.

To work the jaws and teeth vigorously.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

To show impatience at being held back or delayed.

SORRY, I posted this in the wrong place!

Edited by corkscrew

From what I was reading. The thai government might or might not accept a prenuptial agreement. If you get married without a prenuptial aggreement and the marriage is registered at the amphur office. If the marriage does goes kaput. Does she have 50% of everything you have in Thailand? Does she have a claim to your annuity, savings and property in the states? How would she be able to put a claim on them, if she has never been in the states?

From what I was reading. The thai government might or might not accept a prenuptial agreement. If you get married without a prenuptial aggreement and the marriage is registered at the amphur office. If the marriage does goes kaput. Does she have 50% of everything you have in Thailand? Does she have a claim to your annuity, savings and property in the states? How would she be able to put a claim on them, if she has never been in the states?

The Thai Court may or may not accept a pre nup agreement if it is not attached to the marriage certificate at time of marriage at amphur. Your wife gets 50% of communal property ie anything you may have obtained post marriage. However if those assets are in the States a separate action would have to be filed there. You do not have to live in a Country to bring an action there. For example if you owe money to someone in America they can bring an action in a Thai Court. Legal decisions in each Country are not binding in the other Country( Civil decisions that is)