Help! - Overstaying

Hi, I'm 17 and Canadian, in Thailand on a tourist visa. I'm supposed to be renewing my passport today (Nov 14), but for several reasons i can't get to Cambodia until next monday, the 21st. I know I'll have to pay a fine, but will there be any other problems I should know about?

Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm 17 and Canadian, in Thailand on a tourist visa. I'm supposed to be renewing my passport today (Nov 14), but for several reasons i can't get to Cambodia until next monday, the 21st. I know I'll have to pay a fine, but will there be any other problems I should know about?

Thanks.

If you happen to get stopped by the authorities and are found to be on overstay, you may well end up paying an extended visit to the IDC in Bangkok prior to eventual deportation. :o

Thanks.

If you happen to get stopped by the authorities and are found to be on overstay, you may well end up paying an extended visit to the IDC in Bangkok prior to eventual deportation. :o

Really? Oh crap. Well if i dont get apprehended by the authorities and i just go renew on the 21st, will i be okay? (besides the fine)?

Thanks.

Probably a bit late but surely you can spare 1/2 day to take quick trip (one of the VIP vans) rather than risk (although small remember murphy) missing Loy Khatrong. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

17 is a bit early in your travelling life to start paying fines or be deported??

Edited by mijan24

not even close. backpacks are for suckers. I'm more of a '4 star or better' traveller.

Get off you're large Canadian arse and get to the border.

I'm only 17, I'm not fat yet. And the reason i'm going so late is because its either pend 3000Baht on a private car and go alone, or spend 1000B and go with two friends who've been to Cambodia before.