Help! - Overstaying

Hi, I'm 17 and Canadian, in Thailand on a tourist visa. I'm supposed to be renewing my passport today (Nov 14), but for several reasons i can't get to Cambodia until next monday, the 21st. I know I'll have to pay a fine, but will there be any other problems I should know about?

Thanks.

Some people have more money than sence @ 200bht per day overstay is an expensive lesson. But @ 17 probably spending Mummy or Daddy's money anyway. They mark overstays in passports also. Don't forget to keep the receipt to show Mum & Dad honey.

actually, ive had a job since i was 14 so its all my money. and it made more financial 'sence' to go with my friends a week later, i saved 600B by doing so. Also, is there anything wrong with being a minor and accepting money from your parents? I dont think so, and i bet that if you had the means to ditch school at 17 and come travel around you would have jumped on it. so dont go hating just because my parents have money.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm 17 and Canadian, in Thailand on a tourist visa. I'm supposed to be renewing my passport today (Nov 14), but for several reasons i can't get to Cambodia until next monday, the 21st. I know I'll have to pay a fine, but will there be any other problems I should know about?

Thanks.

Some people have more money than sence @ 200bht per day overstay is an expensive lesson. But @ 17 probably spending Mummy or Daddy's money anyway. They mark overstays in passports also. Don't forget to keep the receipt to show Mum & Dad honey.

actually, ive had a job since i was 14 so its all my money. and it made more financial 'sence' to go with my friends a week later, i saved 600B by doing so. Also, is there anything wrong with being a minor and accepting money from your parents? I dont think so, and i bet that if you had the means to ditch school at 17 and come travel around you would have jumped on it. so dont go hating just because my parents have money.

@ funkygirl

i would even recommend you to do your run to myanmar if you are short on money but if money is no problem for you then just stay and go where ever but avoid the guys in brown and the immi boys

thats all

btw where do you stay i didn't figure it in your treat

"made more financial 'sence' to go with my friends a week later"

Perhaps you should have spent more time in one of those excellent Canadian grade schools.  The word is spelled "sense".

Humble pie for you, expatinasia :o

funkygirl quoted ‘sence’ – hence her use of quotation marks – from the post of LindsayBKK.