Honda Cbr 250

All bikes in the European union will need ABS by 2015 (therefore cost effective for other markets).

If you do not believe the merits of ABS,

well ok. I refer to my previous commentcool.gif

yes... let everyone follow the eurocrats who are doing their best to screw up biking :annoyed: just look at the 25 kg exhaust systems that have been forced on latest sport bikes.. don't have to guess who dreamed up that crap :whistling:

That statement does show how LITTLE you know about bikes... The original Cbr250rr also had 'matchstick ' front forks. They are 37mm forks the same as the Ninja and most all other 250cc bikes in the world. Hilariousbiggrin.gif

Sorry, i don't carry the specs of every bike in my head :blink:

anyway, the RR is a 20 year old bike and the Ninja is another bike made to look sporty at first glance so hardly a comparison :rolleyes:

If they had mass produced a set of USD forks an a decent swingarm, wouldn't have added that much to the price.... far better than a cumbersome ABS system as IMHO, if you don't have enough skill to use normal brakes without falling on your ass...best stick to the scooters ;)

Here you go Willy..A naked Cbr with all the goodies you want... You can buy it for Circa 185,000b.

post-62652-0-13661900-1319364047_thumb.j

That statement does show how LITTLE you know about bikes... The original Cbr250rr also had 'matchstick ' front forks. They are 37mm forks the same as the Ninja and most all other 250cc bikes in the world. Hilariousbiggrin.gif

Sorry, i don't carry the specs of every bike in my head :blink:

anyway, the RR is a 20 year old bike and the Ninja is another bike made to look sporty at first glance so hardly a comparison :rolleyes:

If they had mass produced a set of USD forks an a decent swingarm, wouldn't have added that much to the price.... far better than a cumbersome ABS system as IMHO, if you don't have enough skill to use normal brakes without falling on your ass...best stick to the scooters ;)

Here you go Willy..A naked Cbr with all the goodies you want... You can buy it for Circa 185,000b.

post-62652-0-13661900-1319364047_thumb.j

Yeah, the Stadium CB250 is a bike I wouldn't be embarrassed to ride. The stock CB'r'... no thanks! :ph34r:

Lets be honest people. The CBR250r engine is so agricultural it would be at home in any Honda trail bike frame!

That's not to say it's a bad bike, just that Honda have been cheapo in a market which was hungry for 250's.

it is a comfortable bike to cruise around the city on ,definately not for pure speed but i think they have done ok for 100,000 thb

of course everyone would like it to be 45+ hp with better suspension and tyres and double disc brakes like the old cbr 250rr from the 90's but

its a bike built for a post - recession era so it looks like its been designed to be cost effective,theres 6000 km between services ,

it is very economical for benzine or gasohol

if it cost 200,000 and used twice as much gas they would sell an awful lot less of them ,they will probably release some thing faster in 2012 like a 600cc

but this 250r is fine as it is for city use

110% on the money comments. I don't think anyone who buys one ( me included) believes they are buying a sports bike rather a practical good bike for city use. Having just driven an Ninja650 for the weekend give me the cbr25oR for the city anytime cheers

For those who said boring. Have a look at this http://www.motorcycl...2011-90251.html

Hottest bikes of 2011. What's at #6, among some of the biggest/most expensive/most powerful bikes on the planet?

no mention of a cbr 250 there :huh:

have to agree though, single cylinder 250 = boring, especially with Honda trying to disguise it as a sportsbike :whistling:

Don't feed the troll

LOL... I love the little plastic piece over the chain which is shaped to look like a part of the swing-arm...... Mr. Honda, that is just taking the piss !!!

Little off topic but still CBR, would like your expert opinion on the 1992 Fireblade, thats if your old enough.:D

Edited by Kwasaki