Zyxel Router True With Windows 7 Problem?

rvdk

I have got Zyxel router from True if I start the computer it does not work. When the technician from True was here he disabled and enabled my ethernet cards (got two do not know why) and it worked, I am trying to do the same thing but it doesn't work. Is it Windows 7? Do I need drivers for this router? What to do really? When I call True they always want to do the same steps and that doesn't help.

From experience I found that MS Windows 7 not always uses/gets the information from the DHCP server in a modem-router combo without this information, which assigns the IP address and informs the OS of the DNS server address, you cannot connect to the Internet or even local network.

The quickest fix is to use an static IP address for your computer. Lets say your mode-router combo is on 192.168.1.1, then you change the IP address for your computer to 192.168.1.3... and contact your ISP for the DNS server IP addresses (probably somebody on this board can provide the IP addresses of the True ADSL DNS servers...)

I've had similar problems and solved them like Richard, I have several W7 PCs and all seem to have issues with DHCP at one time or another :(

Try these settings:-

I/P address 192.168.1.3

Netmask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Primary DNS 192.168.1.1

secondary DNS 208.67.222.222 (actually open DNS, not the best but it works).

We have exactly the same problem with a WIN7 PC and the TRUE ZyXEL router.

Two other PCs running WIN XP have no problem on LAN cable only my son's PC (WIN7) has this problem. For now he is running it on WiFi which is working well but very slow for file transfers between PCs.

I have now some questions regarding the settings as suggested by Crossy:

Is it enough to enter those settings only in the TCP/IP properties on the PC or are there also changes to the router settings required?

I'm reluctant to make any changes on the router for fear it may upset the other PCs on the LAN.

The fixed IP as suggested is 192.168.1.3 but the router is pre-set with:

IP pool starting address: 192.168.1.33 and pool size 32.

So what IP address should we use on the PC?

As the primary DNS Crossy suggested 192.168.1.1, is this correct since it is the router IP?

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is your Lan and wifi drivers, go to device manager (Start > type in "device manager" with no quotes at the bottom search and hit enter > network adapters > right click and uninstall everything under there)

Let windows 7 re install with generic drivers and you should be able to start accessing the router and the internet. Had the same problem on our Windows 7 computers, it's a quick fix.

It's always best to add a static ip to each MAC address as well to avoid DHCP errors.

Three Property

Edited by ThreeProperty