Good And Otherwise Dental Experiences

travelmann

Ive al;ways had a sever aversion to dentists and have all my dentistry done in the UK, my teeth are ok just suffering years of sugar abuse, I go to my Uk dentists every 6 months and my teeth are in a good cinditon.

This year alone ive had 2 implants and 2 crowns and1-2 fillings done most were renewals and the implants for 1 old missing tooth (15 yrs ago) and one that recently was beyond hope of saving. Needless to say my teeth have had regular maintenance and chekups.

Anywa theers the background, yesterday morning an old filling 10 yrs old fell out so having never used a Bangkok dentist and as I always have I.V sedation in the UK ( yes im a wuss) i though oh Sh*** and started to look for a dentist realisng I couldnt get IV sedation easily althouh it is available at about 35k a pop here.

The following is not a critism of the dentists concerend YOU can decide.

Huge discrepncies in pricing and "what needs doing"

DENTISTS

1 SIAM DENTAL behind SERI CENTRE now Paradise Park 150 baht for check up dentist says my mouth is terrible and i need 9 NINE (9) fillings.................. we left

2 At Seacon square "Orthodental" I think was the name, Top floor by cinema BUSY call back in a hour, then they called us can see us now 10 minutes later 500 baht to have a look only

3 At Seacon 4th floor near Tesco end "Smileplus" dentists busy but said come back in 1 hour NO CHARGE for check up also discussed what could be done and alternatives

"Smileplus" did the work, it was done well and quickly the dentist speaks English was very gentle had NO pain at all and for a very large white filling ie half tooth missing the cost was 1200 baht

I highly recommend this dentist he expalined everything well had a laugh and joke very relaxed very gentle applied numbing cream before injection so felt nothing for the actual injections, cant praise them enough will certainly use the same man again.

If like me you fear dentists thats my recommendation.

I was petrified of dentists when I first came to Thailand and had a few bad experiences in the West. However, I have had wisdom teeth extracted here and fillings and root canals and have never suffered any pain. I am still not crazy about going to the dentist, but am far less afraid than before.

Try the Dental Hospital off Sukhumvit forgot Soi. Met one of the dentist who works there and she was educated at New York University in New York City. I went with a girlfriend there and a lot of farangs getting work there. It is a bit more pricey.

Travelmann, where is Smile Plus located at? Just in case. Thanks!

Its in Seacon Square (BANGKOK) 4th floor at the TESCO end there are only 2 dentists (other one is the cinema end) currently in Seacon the onther one "dentajoy" above dont know if their work is good but 500 baht for a look seemed extreme when dentist 1 who said my mouth was rotten charged 150 baht and "smileplus" looked for free.

Smileplus looks like a one man outfit, dentajoy is a chain? Franchise?

Edited by travelmann

Thank you so much, Travelmann.

Its in Seacon Square (BANGKOK) 4th floor at the TESCO end there are only 2 dentists (other one is the cinema end) currently in Seacon the onther one "dentajoy" above dont know if their work is good but 500 baht for a look seemed extreme when dentist 1 who said my mouth was rotten charged 150 baht and "smileplus" looked for free.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much, Travelmann.

And went again today to have two white fillings removed and replaced had gone slightly brown over the years, sound enough just a bit grubby, once again very good.

Wife needed some root planing for infected gum she had for sometime too which he told her about last time I went.

Smile Plus well done

Try the Dental Hospital off Sukhumvit forgot Soi. Met one of the dentist who works there and she was educated at New York University in New York City. I went with a girlfriend there and a lot of farangs getting work there. It is a bit more pricey.

It's Soi 49 and agree, it's the best although not the cheapest