Big Accident On Patak Rd?

Valentine

I cannot verify this nut my foreman just told me there has been a fairly big accident on Patak Rd by the Shell pump. Apparently all the power is down in that area. As I am writing this I have heard quite a number of rescue vehicles go past my place which is on Chao Fa West near Home Pro Village. Anyone have any reliable information? I would suggest not trying to go look with a car as traffic is already building up around the circle.

Edited by Valentine

The accident is on Patak Road at the bad bend going uphill from Chalong. There is a large coach involved parked across the road. But upright. No sign of damage on the side that I was looking at. There is an electric pole down and looks like some wreck in the pole. Hard to see as the bus is blocking the view and police won't allow anyone to pass the tape blocking the road. Many ambulances, I counted 5, fire engine, and other rescue vehicle on the Kata side of the accident. Expect there were more ambulances etc on the other side of the accident. Talk about a few deaths.

Must have happened just after 08.00. By 08.30 police were directing traffic off Patak Road to take the mountain road (Kata Viewpoint) over to Chalong.