What Hospitals And Decent Clinics Are Available In The Pattaya Area ?

paulian

I am aware that this was a topic in the past, however the last time seems to be over 5 years ago. I have been visiting Thailand since 1968 and recently the past couple of years retired here. When I was working, I always used Bangkok - Pattaya. However, my financial situation is different now and I would welcome any advise on all the hospitals available in the Pattaya area as Bangkok – Pattaya Hospital is approaching outrages pricing even for Thailand and it is getting close to many 1st world country hospitals, although not there yet. (although there is no question, it is a good hospital) I can hardly afford it any longer. Assuming one had no insurance in the Kingdom and had to pay for all medical problems any advise on what hospitals are available and any stories of experiences would be nice, whether negative or positive. Both Hospitals and any major clinics known including any experiences in the Banglamund Government Hospital.

I have no major medical problems as I have stayed in shape most of my life in the law enforcement field. However, I tend to get involved in an occasional Motorbike accident and have slight arthritis and an occasional Migraine.

Any advise or stories negative or positive and location of medical facilities would be helpful. In a major medical emergency, as Cancer I could return to the US or Guam for treatment. However a stroke or heart attack would be a problem of course. Age 64. Thanks for any advise.

I can recommend the Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Satahip, I had an inguinal hernia operation earlier this year, four hours in theatre, three nights in hospital, cost just over 17,000 baht, I got quotes from two Pattaya Hospitals plus one in SriRatcha, all were in the 60,000 baht range for a one hour op and a one night stay, additional nights ranged from 15 - 20000 baht per night.

I can recommend the Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Satahip, I had an inguinal hernia operation earlier this year, four hours in theatre, three nights in hospital, cost just over 17,000 baht, I got quotes from two Pattaya Hospitals plus one in SriRatcha, all were in the 60,000 baht range for a one hour op and a one night stay, additional nights ranged from 15 - 20000 baht per night.

Thanks, So .... being a Naval Hospital didn't matter ? They will treat a Westerner if one were to just show up, I suppose ?

Yes, Queen Sirikit will treat anyone, and is certainly the best option in the Pattaya area. It is a government hospital so long waits 9in non-emergencies) and some red tape, docs speak English OK but admin & nursing staff do not, worth bringing a Thai speaker along ion initial visits if you can.

Although Queen Sirikit is vastly less expensive than private hospitals it is still quite possible to run up a significant tab there in event of prolonged hospitalization and/or ICU care. As you probably cannot get health insurance here at your age you should be sure to have at minimum 1 million baht put aside in event of catastrophic accident or illness.

Health care costs have risen substantially in Thailand in recent years and aren't going anywhere but further up.

Yes, Queen Sirikit will treat anyone, and is certainly the best option in the Pattaya area. It is a government hospital so long waits 9in non-emergencies) and some red tape, docs speak English OK but admin & nursing staff do not, worth bringing a Thai speaker along ion initial visits if you can.

Although Queen Sirikit is vastly less expensive than private hospitals it is still quite possible to run up a significant tab there in event of prolonged hospitalization and/or ICU care. As you probably cannot get health insurance here at your age you should be sure to have at minimum 1 million baht put aside in event of catastrophic accident or illness.

Health care costs have risen substantially in Thailand in recent years and aren't going anywhere but further up.

Thanks, so much...