No Bottled Water In Tesco Lotus In Chaweng Today

BigC

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend just arrived on KP for annual six month visit and says no water in stores there and selves very empty of food too....

Sure hope it does not affect the 20 litre water bottles that are delivered....

For those not aware of doing that, one pays 100 baht deposit for the bottle and anywhere from 10 to 20 baht per bottle... there are a number of companies around who do that both on Samui and KP.... (other areas too)..

Initially you need to either get someone who knows the company(s) to get it set up. Or look for the telephone # on the bottles which are used in your area and give them a shout. I use three bottles, so leave two by gate when empty ... usually they replace within a couple of days.

Yes well done Big C... almost a 100% but not quite there yet! :lol:

No water, no bread....... basically nothing. The supermarket in Emporium seems to be the last place that has anything

i bought 15 litres of water from a Maenam 7-11 today

My misses over herd the staff saying that they have watr in storage but they are waiting till there is high demand then they are going to put there prices up.

Now it is just a rumer this info is not based on fact but time shall tell.

My question is? I know that supplys comes from bangkok but ae there other container ports in the south where containers can stop and unload supplies because to get to bangkok the ships have to pass sonkla in the south of thailand before getting to bangkok.

Or are big corperations working together to use disarters to maximiz profits

Quite a few empty shelves in Tesco this morning. NO DOG SNAX!

Still a few in BigC but I bought half of them.

Not much bread inTesco and tins of tuna disappearing. Few fresh veggies left.

Sorry Big C - I only drink treated water - usually Archa, Singha or Leo. Plenty of that around.

No water, no bread....... basically nothing. The supermarket in Emporium seems to be the last place that has anything

i bought 15 litres of water from a Maenam 7-11 today

My misses over herd the staff saying that they have watr in storage but they are waiting till there is high demand then they are going to put there prices up.

Now it is just a rumer this info is not based on fact but time shall tell.

My question is? I know that supplys comes from bangkok but ae there other container ports in the south where containers can stop and unload supplies because to get to bangkok the ships have to pass sonkla in the south of thailand before getting to bangkok.

Or are big corperations working together to use disarters to maximiz profits

I bought another 40 litres there this morning and there is still about 120 litres of local 1.5 litre bottled water there if you are short, between soi 2 and soi 3 on your left heading to Nathon

i cant believe you wrote a whole post without a single spelling mistake, even put a capital in Tesco ..

well done

I've spotted at least three mistakes :lol:

Seems like the first Phuket groupies are being spotted ph34r.gifcool.gif

i cant believe you wrote a whole post without a single spelling mistake, even put a capital in Tesco ..

well done

remember i was looking at SPELLING and not grammer lol

Sorry Boater - love your posts but there are 3 spelling mistakes in BigC's missive. However, it was a very good attempt! I understood it perfectly, first time.

well done

remember i was looking at SPELLING and not grammer lol

Sorry Boater - love your posts but there are 3 spelling mistakes in BigC's missive. However, it was a very good attempt! I understood it perfectly, first time.

where ? , i even spell checked his post and clean !

i am only bringing this up as it must be a first in TV history with BigC posting a post that was spelt correct !!

well done

Seems like the first Phuket groupies are being spotted ph34r.gifcool.gif

laugh.gif I noticed that as well and any Phuket members wanting autographs can PM me...I have the exclusive rights to this....I think that's what the contract BigC signed says anyway....

i am only bringing this up as it must be a first in TV history with BigC posting a post that was spelt correct !!

Tescos should be Tesco's

afternoon is one word

i is a capital I

It was still good for BigC B)

:offtopic2: I know

Tescos should be Tesco's

afternoon is one word

i is a capital I

He might have meant......no water, and this, after noon, well unbelievable.....surely the trucks have arrived and all the falongs are in the bars!!

or something similar. cool.gif

Tescos should be Tesco's

afternoon is one word

i is a capital I

...and a "full stop" at the end of the sentence..... :whistling:

"...the sun's shinin', an' da weather is fine..." :whistling: get bottled, filtered, treated water from the local suppliers, "Bank" in Chaweng (Haad Ngam near the school) is one... on Samui are in every Tambon several suppliers, so this should defenatly pose no life threating shortage of drinkable water supplies.

Or did you just had one of thses days, Mr.BigC? :rolleyes:

This, the shortage of certain supplies happens almost every year in the rainy season, since i can think back, but few seem to realize!

There always local supply channels kept open and running.

The big Players rely all on logstics and infrastructure from far away sources, but that is their problem!

Just last night this old lady riding her bike with side car through chaweng with many fresh veggies, greens, chillies, herbs... name it and she was selling well.

Who needs/wants "canned tuna" or Sardines if there is an abundance of fresh seafood available?

ah' well guess....those "need" it for their "suvival"...

Edited by Samuian

Regarding a "shortage" of drinking water, surly the monsoon rain should be drinkable if collected out in the open and filtered through cotton wool in a funnel??

Maybe!!!!

Yes, perfectly ok, I sent a sample of such rainwater with a friend to the uk for testing. You are just being taken for a ride about the 20 litre bottles of water. Yes it is fine to drink, but has all minerals removed. Normal rain water is ok, after basic filtering.