Haka

Mossfinn

I reckon the Haka needs a thread of its own and not be lost in an overall WC thread.

But first a question;

I thought the Captain always led the Haka, but this world cup Weepu has been doing it, so that blows my theory.

So who gets to lead the Haka and for what reason is he chosen?

I also note, that McCaw wouldn't even tell him the version he would perform until they got off the coach, talk about pressure.

In the League haka, Adam Blair usually does it instead of captain Benji Marshall.. I think the naturally loudest/scariest one does it. If the captain is the cerebral type, it's not going to work..

I find myself feeling slightly embarrassed for the white guys doing it as if it means anything to them.

One thing I was pleased about, and that was regarding challenging the Haka, this nonsense directive regarding staying on the 22 and watching in incredulous respect is rubbish, it needs challenging and fair play to the French.

I think I had better clarify my post:

There have been a myriad of challenges or other misdirections regarding the Haka in the past, from Willie Andersons Irish nose to nose reposte to Lynagh's practising goal kicking to Chabals eye ball popping theatrics, but in this WC there was a directive to stand and watch.

So fair play to the French, I am sure the Kiwis enjoyed it too.

There have been a myriad of challenges or other misdirections regarding the Haka in the past, from Willie Andersons Irish nose to nose reposte to Lynagh's practising goal kicking to Chabals eye ball popping theatrics, but in this WC there was a directive to stand and watch.

We all enjoyed it Mossfinn. Also the game...the French were unlucky in the end.

We all enjoyed it Mossfinn. Also the game...the French were unlucky in the end.

i enjoyed the haka and response to it as well

i dont think the french were unlucky at all, they had their chances and didnt make use of them

The ABs could have chanced their arm and played their usual attacking style but they closed up shop and played to win, it wasnt the most fluid game of rugby at the end of the day but it was enthralling and had most of us kiwis nail biting and crapping ourselves for most parts :D

maybe the rules should change and have say a rule eg the game shall finish with the next try scored, to make it interesting :D

It was like a game of chess at times.

Very difficult for those not fully versed in the rules of rugby to follow when compared to some of the free flowing high scoring games previously enjoyed.

However, this was not a 7's world cup and such was the final played by two technically precise teams.

For myself and a few friends it was an excellent and very well executed performance from both sides. The last 15 minutes was chess and some of the most disciplined rugby I've observed.

It was like a game of chess at times.

Very difficult for those not fully versed in the rules of rugby to follow when compared to some of the free flowing high scoring games previously enjoyed.

However, this was not a 7's world cup and such was the final played by two technically precise teams.

For myself and a few friends it was an excellent and very well executed performance from both sides. The last 15 minutes was chess and some of the most disciplined rugby I've observed.

if we are to compare just the games;

the place kicking was poor from both sides, esp at the international level,

the best AB game was against the wobblies, now that was nearly a complete performance in all facets

Yes the French have set a fine precedent there for the northern hemisphere sides to follow. Let's see what will come of their invention!

I think the English team should do the hokey cokey lol. seriously though, the haka is old hat and outdated and should be scrapped.