Driving From Bangkok To Cm Now?

muchogra

Ive just been down for the weekend but I flew down. I went to watch Chiang Mai FC play in Bangkok and there were 2 supporters coaches that travelled down on Friday and went back Sunday so there must be a way down but not sure how. Also 2 guys on Fino's that had travelled from CM-BKK.

Last week traffic north and south BKK CNX was still open Rangsit to Nakon Nyok (Din Ha) (which is just west of Nakon Nyok) (Heavy Slow Traffic).

To SaraBuri, then north to Lopburi then north from there the main highways were pretty much open.

You may need to detour east go to the bike forum and ask over there those guys keep abreast of road conditions.

moe666, you have probably pointed me in the right direction. When I made the post, I recalled , in the back of my head, there were people pointing out different routes traveling from bkk to cm and vice versa. Apparently those threads are in the bike forum. I guess with the imminent flooding in greater part of bkk, road conditions from here to there may change by the hour. Thanks.

we just did that trip by car. It took us 2 days and 1 night! Do not take detour by eastern roads (chochengsao..), just go straight up to saraburi, phitsanulok etc..cant remember exactly our itinary cos my wife was the one asking around for directions. Some of the roads are in terribel conditions, so drive slow. the trip is feasible in one day. We just lost tones of times trying to detour the floods, as was everybody so we ended up in crazy traffic jams, trying to go to Korat, and then had to back track back towards bangkok.Goodluck.

7 / 9 /305 / 33 / 1 / 11

305 is dodgy near to 9 but currently passable. Expect much more than a 1 day journey. Reports of v heavy traffic on the 305 between 9 and 33 a couple if days ago at the exodus height

7 / 9 can probably be replaced by Ram-Intra tollway.

3stan, SanTiSuk,

Thank you very much for your updates. Much appreciated!

Since I missed my initial plan of moving to CM about a month ago we are now stuck in Bangkok till the crisis is over. With the current situation when mob seems to rule, our house near the Bang Chan Industrial Estate is in danger of flooding. I have no qualm of our house getting flooded if it can alleviate people in the burbs but it certainly doesn't seem the case. But people like to hype it up to be a struggle or war between the elites and the poors. What hogwash! Never Thailand been so divided till a few years ago. Personally, I just hope that some farangs do not aid in the divide, directly or indirectly, and make Thailand worse a place to live in.

Even without this (natural) crisis, I (may be some of you) may see, with the two top men in the finance and commerce (both from the capital market) proposing spend, spend. and spend to rid our problems while oblivious to what's happening in America and elsewhere that are ripping what they had sown. But no matter to these people, cos by that time they will already been dead!