Airport Hotel And Other Stuff

andiwilson

I will arrive from the USA on Christmas eve around 11:30 pm and have a flight to Khon Kaen at 7:00 am. I'm pretty sure that I can't have my bags checked through and will have to pick them up and go through customs at BKK.

Will I be able to check into, and thus get rid of the bags, my Thai Airways flight straight away.

I will have been travelling for over twenty four hours and wouldn't mind a few hours in a hotel bed. I know the Novotel is the closest hotel but I can't justify the price for about five hours. Any one know a good alternative?

Hi, doubt whether you can check in right away but there's a left luggage at the airport, can't remember for sure which level its on but I think it's on level 2,, a hotel closeby I would suggest the Thong Ta Resort, they will pick you up in their minivan take you to the hotel (10 minute drive) and drop you off at the airport in the morning, its a basic but clean hotel and a good price, its ok for a few hours nap,,, check out Sawadee.com for decent hotel prices

• 2 months later...

I stayed at the Thong Ta Resort and would recommend it to anyone with a short layover. Transfer was 10 mins in a minibus. Staff were excellent. Room was fine. I went for a bite to eat in one of the restaurants just round the corner and that was also a pleasant experience.

I used agoda to book on line as it was the best price including transfers at the time.