Water Up To My Knees

bino

post-18167-0-77016300-1319556805_thumb.j

And loving it. Come on in- the water's fine!

Since it seems inevitable that Bangkok is about to become a huge open sewer, Ms. Bino and I have taken the initiative to "self-evacuate". Even though our condo in Lad Prao / Wangtonglang is on the sixth floor and will be safe, the electrical and telephone service room is on the ground floor, and will not survive a meter of water for sure. The whole concept of being trapped in the building with no electricity, internet, etc and having to slog through the water to go anywhere or get anything is a non-starter for us. We have locked up our condo, and will be "out of town" for the duration.

We are staying in Sam Roi Yod, Pranburi - a few minutes south of Hua Hin. The villas in the picture are brand new- a new phase to an already existing project - and unused until Christmas week when the European tourists arrive for high season. There are 1,2 and 3 bedroom villas, each with full kitchens and a Jacuzzi on the rooftop patio of each villa. There is decent restaurant and facilities on the property. The owner / developer is a big hearted guy, and offering prices cheaper than the average Bangkok hotel room for anyone who needs to escape the flood. Many villas available. If anyone is interested- send me a PM.