Moneygram Usa To Bkk , What Us$ - T Baht Rate + Fees ?

Hi

I wanted to send $100-$200 to a friend that got flooded out ,

Walmart charges $9.95 to send up to $200 international thru Moneygram,

But what exchange rate is the transfered money changed to Thai Baht ?

and are there other fees on the Thai side ?

And what do you need to pick up the money ? Just the secret code nuumber or ????

Anything else I should know ?

Thanks for your help

BK

I sent money via western union. They need a "valid" ID. Obviously this has some variance in Thailand. Make sure you get her ID spelling exactly. Western Union has a money order type of number, I forget what they call it, but that is just for reference. It is not a secrect code that releases the money. Releasing is ID based. As I recall, the Western Union online website did display what the current Baht conversion rate they used was for that transaction. But I could be wrong

We send money to wife's family every month. Wife walks into Post Office and pays them, and a very small fee. Family go into local post office and collect the money. No muss, no fuss. Fees practically nothing. You have post office receipt to show transfer. Hope it works for you.

We send money to wife's family every month. Wife walks into Post Office and pays them, and a very small fee. Family go into local post office and collect the money. No muss, no fuss. Fees practically nothing. You have post office receipt to show transfer. Hope it works for you.

is this using Western Union or Moneygram , they are not the same company ,

Does the Thai Post Office service Moneygram payments ?

thanks

BK

• 4 weeks later...

Exchange rate changes daily. No fees are charged on the Thai side. You should get a reference number to speed up the collection process and provide a question and answer on your side for security. Send these to you friend after you send the money. She'll need to bring her ID for sure, as well. CIMB Thai bank handles MoneyGrams.

More info here:

https://www.moneygram.com/MGI/EN/TH/Receive/Receive.htm?CC=TH&LC=EN

Edited by octagon