Accident In Pickup

diamond

I Recently purchased a brand new pickup Dmax which cost approx

850,000 everything included.

However only had the truck 2 months and was involved in an accident

by which considerable damage was done to the vehicle.

Pickup was fully insured for 600,000 and insurance company

are offering the option of giving me 600,000 or else a wait

of 2/3 month for the repair of the car.

Has anybody any experience of a similar situation or have any advice to offer

on my predicament

'fraid I can't help the OP :D

But I have read that it's normal in Thailand not to insure the full value even of a brand new vehicle (heaven knows why), apparently there is no such thing as a 'write off', all accident damage can be repaired, even down to getting a new shell and transferring all the bits over. :o

My son flipped his Isuzu into a khlong (rain, too fast, nothing in the back), got off lightly (lost the end of a finger). In the UK the car would have been totalled, no panels were undented and the engine was full of water. Two months later it's on the road again, actually as good as new (well it's nice and shiny), still has the original chassis and engine.

There are insurance companys in the Uk who will replace like for like, but you have to be aware that when you drive out the showroom in your shiny new car the value has already dropped.

So what they have offered you seems fair, why not look around some dealers for a car -pick up the same model and year, check the prices and if more go back to insurance and show them what a like for like replacment will cost.

Mike.

Why not take the offer and then buy the vehicle back from the iinsurance company and do the repairs yourself? Did this in the US buying from the insurance company and did alright. You shouldn't pay much at all for it and just take your time and watch out for other wrecks and get the good bits off them and put on yours. Don't know what the law is here though.