If You Need A Place To Stay

fbk

I have a property in northern Thailandl, Chiang Mai. It is a resort in the making. I have 6 cabins built and would be happy to allow someone to stay in them during this time of crisis.

2 cabins have running water and electricity the other 4 don't but would not take much to get them operational. 0892213489 call me if you need a place to stay Rick

And you are offering all this out of the goodness of your heart and for free?

Always someone hoping to cash in during a crisis.

If he was renting them out, would he need to "allow" people to stay in them. Not everyone is a cold-hearted pr*ck like me :lol:

I realize in this day and age it is hard to imagine doing something with no string attached for someone else. hmmm

Having said that yes they can stay free until the mess in southern Thailand gets cleaned up and is suitable for rehabitation. FBK

Don't anyone die of shock.

This is not a commercial proposition. I just thought that since I had 6 cabins, someone, in need, might be able to use them for temporary housing. I'm sure with all the flooding and moving many might be at a finacial crisis point also and need a place to hang their hats. Families are welcome.

Its just me and my Thai wife on 6 rai with 6 cabins and building the office restaurant is in process. So we are not open for buisness. I hope this makes it clear to all what my intentions are. Rick

This is not a commercial proposition. I just thought that since I had 6 cabins, someone, in need, might be able to use them for temporary housing. I'm sure with all the flooding and moving many might be at a finacial crisis point also and need a place to hang their hats. Families are welcome.

Its just me and my Thai wife on 6 rai with 6 cabins and building the office restaurant is in process. So we are not open for buisness. I hope this makes it clear to all what my intentions are. Rick

Hi Rick:

Great of you to offer, would like to come up with the Mrs and young son and help you finish things off but will try to stick it out here in Bangkok for a bit.

Cheers

James

what a nice generous offer

Yes it does, thank you. :jap:

I would post pictures, but I cannot link as I have not been a member for 72 hrs. I have been posting on this board for over 5 years but don't remember my log in information and no longer have access to the email addy I used to register. So unless a mod can see fit to allow me to post a link. Pictures will not be available for 72 hrs. Rick

Should you change your mind James, your and your family are welcome. You have my number. Rick

Cheers mate, I think we will be OK :unsure: (5th floor) but right next to the river. There are others out there that are swamped as we speak that could use it more than us.

I realize in this day and age it is hard to imagine doing something with no string attached for someone else. hmmm

Having said that yes they can stay free until the mess in southern Thailand gets cleaned up and is suitable for rehabitation. FBK

Don't anyone die of shock.

Well, in that case I sincerely apologise for making such an arse of myself, as I really believed that nice people like you did not exist any more.

You have restored my faith in human nature.

Edited by Beetlejuice

And you are offering all this out of the goodness of your heart and for free?

Always someone hoping to cash in during a crisis.

I know the world is changing where compassion for your fellow man is dying but there are still a few kindhearted souls left on the planet. I just hope that it doesn't come back and bite him when the crisis is over and he wants to open his resort as a business. Just hope he can get them out again when the time comes. What are the squatting laws in Thailand?

Those that need the kind of help Rick is offering tend not to be able to make use of such generosity

No money to go all the way to Chiangmai , not able to take time off work as offices are still open

Things like that

But a very generous offer. Hope it can be taken up by those in need. Thanks Rick.

Those concerned about squatting - remember that there are people who have let others affected by the floods into their homes. I think people are generally good hearted and will not turn round to bite the hands that feed them (well I hope mostly not!)