Need To File Divorce To Get Rid of English Husband

simple7

Hi there,

I am thai woman married with english man on Oct 2005 at bangkok sathorn district. We went to the sathorn district to sign the marriage paper. No big fancy wedding. We didn't like to have the ceremony in thai or English way. We have no asset and no kid.

He got original marriage certificate with him and I got mine with me. We were plan to live here at bankok after we married. He went back to England to clear everything to live at bangkok for good with me but then he was freak out about living in Bangkok and changed his mind later.

He closed an email account and disconnected his phone. I don't know he is still alive or not, I never heard from him since 2006. I went to the family free lawyer office place at Sanam Luang to get an advice. They said I MUST have his confirm address from him. He have to notary his address by his embassy Otherwise, I cannot file divorce from here or I stay married forever. .

I don think free lawyer can help me with this. I'd like to know a good lawyer's phone number, please PM me a lawyer's phone number if you have one. Any suggestions are welcome :]

Thank you in advance and stay safe from the flood!

There is no problem divorcing your husband, based on abondoment. For that he must not have been in contact with you for more than 1 year. That there are no a sets or children should make it easier.

For general advise I often suggest contacting Isaanlawyers. They are of course based in the Isaan, but can give you good advise and will probalby be able to recommend a competent lawyer.

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/en/contact-us/by-mail-email-or-fax.html

simple7,

1) Go to the police station (where you currently live) and make a missing persons report, make sure that you get your husbands name and any other information (as written in the marriage certificate) included in the police report - as well as the date when he disappeared and the date you last managed to contact him

2) Then go down to the Juvenile and Family court in the district where you are registered as living, be there no later than 8:30 AM (that's when they have the most time to be helpful). Explain to them that your husband disappeared over 4 years ago and you have no way of contacting him and ask them to help you to divorce. If they are in a good mood, then they will help you to fill in the papers and arrange time

If they say that you can't divorce yet then wait for a year after the police report (that's the legal limit for abandonment). If they say that you must have a lawyer and you can't really afford one, then get a cheap one to help you to submit the papers (only). 2,500 baht should be enough. You will get a letter telling you when the court date is. If you get any papers that you don't understand, then go down to Juvenile and Family court before 8:30 AM and ask them. If you don't have money for a lawyer to join you in court, then just go there yourself. Court will not throw you out because you can't afford a lawyer

Edited by MikeyIdea