Blood Donations Needed!

dairy queen

Hi Guys,

I got this email today from my wife. If you can help, or know anybody that can, please can you call the number below:

My friend’s sister just given a birth but only 5 months pregnancy so the child is very small (less than 1 foot length) and need to be kept in the control temperature cabinet and need blood group O negative for medical treatment within 20 Nov 05. So whoever has O negative blood please go to donate your blood at Pramongkut hospital (King Rama The Sixth hospital -near Victory monument) and please mention the name of the child that you want to donate which is “Chonnavee Shiratori”. For more information please contact Khun Samart tel no. 01-5596097.

เนื่องจากพี่สาวของเพื่อนเราคลอดก่อนกำหนด (อายุครรภ์เพียง 5 เดือน) เด็กเกิดมาต้องอยู่ในตู้อบ เพราะเด็กตัวเล็กมากมีความยาวไม่ถึง 1 ฟุตและต้องการเลือดกรุ๊ปโอลบ(O negative) ในการรักษา ซึ่งจะต้องการใช้ภายในวันที่ 20 พ.ย. 48 นี้ ขอความกรุณาบริจาคเลือดที่ สถาบันพยาธิ รพ.พระมงกุฎ โดยแจ้งความประสงค์บริจาคเลือดให้ “ด.ช.ชนวีร์ ชิราโตริ” ถ้าต้องการขอรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมกรุณาติดต่อ คุณสามารถ โทร. 01-5596097

ขอบคุณค่ะ

แอน

Thanks everyone…Please forward this if you think a friend has the right blood…This is a real request, it’s not made up…

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It is true. I think it is if you have worked in africa for a month or over. Although i think you can give blood again after a year.

You also cannot give blood within one year of having a tattoo or a piercing. This is due to the chances of carrying hep. C.

I wont be able to give blood for another 8 years because at 24 i have carried the glandular fever virus for 2 years.

I hope this helps!! Im a biology lab tech here in grey england, so i have to know this kind of stuff!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a side note ... the rules for donating blood in Dallas or in the UK are different than here.

Dontaed twice in Thailand since the Tsunami and once in Cambodia ... (again I am the odd duck ... thought I was o- (Univ donor for most caucasians ... turned out I am o+ ... univ donor for most asians ... go figure

• 4 weeks later...

i have added myself on the list. i think this link should be promoted. we have several thousands of active users within thailand and this list could be very very beneficial. hope the moderators or owners of this forum would put up a banner on the forum site. instead of just commercial advertisements on sponsors etc.

• 4 months later...

I too have added myself to the list. I just chanced upon this thread almost by accident. If I had just logged in and saw a few pages and then logged off, I surely would never have seen this thread.

It would be a good idea to send a mass PM to all members, even to the 33 already registered at this moment and I'm sure there will be many more members enlisting soon who might be unaware of this thread as they might be visiting only a particular sub-section and not all the sections of the forum.

And the next thing is to add a permanent link on the top along with:

"Send SMS" "Advertise" "Expat Insurance" "Blogs" "Live Chat" "Gallery" "Help" "Search" "Member"

Guardian.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:D Well said SeanOcasey. I have said it time and againl, it is a marvellous idea that people can be called up in an emergency. Why haven't more people signed up? I am sure they would be looking for help if they needed it. :o

Just bumping the thread up.... :D

Everyone needs to make some money.

TV has added a new link to "Book Shop", but no link to something which could be life saving like putting a "Blood Needed" link on the top column. :o And, just like the "xx new messages" showing in the top portion, there can be a similar alert when someone needs blood so that everyone does not have to click and see often whether blood is needed or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the Red Cross in BKK does apheresis or plasma donation as well?

Or just whole blood?

Blood question - I am O neg and am pregnant. My husband is O positive so we have possible RH incompatibility between myself and the baby (common complication for O neg mothers, easily treatable with 2 blood transfusions).

I will give birth in Thailand, but need a treatment of Immunoglobin at 28 weeks, and again after birth. Because most people are O+, this is a very uncommon problem in Thailand and the immunoglobin is not something most hospitals keep in stock. I'm currently trying to find a source of this immunoglobin stuff. I've got about 12 weeks to find some. Anyone got any ideas or come up against this problem?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know if the Red Cross in BKK does apheresis or plasma donation as well?

Or just whole blood?

I was a regular blood and apheresis donor back in the uk.

Where can i continue to do this in Chiang Mai ?

It is a the Red Cross Clinic, just near to the Warorot Markets opposite the Police Sation and Post Office, on the road that parallels the Mae Ping. Having a mind blank on the road name. If you can't find it send me a PM and I will try to sort it out. I donate whole blood and then transferred of the aphersis section in Australia. We had the Red Cross out at work and did a donation a few months ago - they come out every three months and set up for the day doing people in batches so I don't go into town and do it there.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

have been given blood for years in the U.K. came here and was very publicly (?) while I was lying down ready for the bag and needle told that psoriasis excludes you from giving blood. Tried to explain this was ridiculous but they insisted that it's contagious and would be passed on. Never heard such nonsense!!!!

• 2 weeks later...