Venlafaxine Pills Expiry Date?

Shurup

Would I be safe taking Venlafaxine pills that were dispensed on March 2009??? There is no expiry date on the container and I need them. :(

I was on them (this is anti-depressant if someone wonders) for a year or so when I got divorsed and the last time I refilled was in March 09. I stopped taking them shortly after that but kept carrying pills with me just in case as I had my depression comming back.

I am not gonna go into details why I need them now, just saying I need them. I am currently offshore and still about 3 weeks from getting home when I can get another refill if I need to. I need them now and all I've got is the old pills. Are they safe?

It is impossible to say based on date dispensed. Odds are good that there was at least 2 years to go on the expiry date when dispensed but no way to be sure. Are you sure no exp date shown? It can sometimes be hard to read.

It also makes a difference how they have been stored. if never exposed to sunlight or high temperatures, meds will usually be safe for a couple of years beyoind their expiry date. if ever allowed to get warm or exposed to sunlight, they may not even make it to the expiry date.

Thanks for the reply Sheryl. Yes I am sure no exp date on the contaier.

They were never exposed to the sunlight and were stored in my suitecase that I drag around with me when traveling to and from work or when travelling. So I would say they were pretty much stored at the room temperature but I am also sure that occasionaly they were exposed to slightly higher temps for short time.

In any case I should probably dump them if I have any left when I get home, and get a refill.