2X Tourist Visa & Outbound Air Ticket/S

I have 2 subjects to ask about.

If applying for Thai 2X entry Tourist Visa in Laos. When should I book a ticket out. Or since it is a 2x entry should I show 2 tickets exiting Thailand? If I am up to date on the latest posts, they are now wanting to see air ticket/s out as well as proof of where I am staying. So should I show 1 ticket exiting within 60, 90, 120 or 180 days? Or should I show 2 tickets outbound, one within 60 days or 90 and a second within 120 or 180 days for the 2nd entry?

I know the 1st 60 days can be extended for 30 more days, but will the issuing embassy assume that immigration will automatically grant me the extra 30 days and accept an air ticket out within 90 days or even 180 days?

Most importantly, should I show one outbound ticket or two for a 2X entry visa.

The 2nd subject is. Does anyone have any experiences with booking air tickets then canceling and getting refunded that you could share? Is it a pain free process?

I guess I should post this last question in travel as well.

I intend my first exit to be via a visa run bus. And my second exit to be via an economy non-refundable flight, and the date is too far away to be able to coordinate that at this time. If what have been able to glean reading TV posts is correct. I need to show real tickets out when I apply for the visa. So I will have to book refundable flights.

Here is my visa history.

I am 47 with a USA passport. My last 3 visas have been non-imm. multi. I will be going to America in April 2012. I have gotten 1 single entry Tourist Visa in Laos before in 2006. No other Tourist Visas since 2007 but had several before that. I applied for and was denied a tourist visa in Penang in 2008 and given a Transit Visa.

In my recent experience in Vientiane they did not require any flight details. I have only heard it being asked for in Cambodia.

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me, how recent was your experience? And have you had many visas in the past?

As I said, I have tried to keep up with the threads and posts. But it is easy to miss something. This one thread started 2 months ago makes me want to be as prepared as possible.

http://www.thaivisa....isa-applicants/

In my recent experience in Vientiane they did not require any flight details. I have only heard it being asked for in Cambodia.

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me, how recent was your experience? And have you had many visas in the past?

As I said, I have tried to keep up with the threads and posts. But it is easy to miss something. This one thread started 2 months ago makes me want to be as prepared as possible.

Early October I got a double entry TV in Vientiane with an agent. I had a previous double entry TV from Canada this year and many 30 day exemption stamps. Had one guy with us who said he had a lot of previous TV's from Laos and got a double entry no problem.

If you are doing it on your own without an agent, they might ask you for some of those things you mentioned. I should have clarified in my first post that it was through an agent.

Edited by Ohyesuare

Early October I got a double entry TV in Vientiane with an agent. I had a previous double entry TV from Canada this year and many 30 day exemption stamps. Had one guy with us who said he had a lot of previous TV's from Laos and got a double entry no problem.

If you are doing it on your own without an agent, they might ask you for some of those things you mentioned. I should have clarified in my first post that it was through an agent.

I was planning on applying on my own but your making me think an agent might be a good idea.

Where did you find an agent? Do you still have the contact info?

I have always applied in person so I knew I was not getting a fake stamp. But I know an agent can make it much easier.

Edited by Pakaty

You still have to apply in person with an agent, he just fills out everything for you and skips all the lines at the embassy. So you can be sure the stamp is genuine. The one I took operates out of Pattaya only I believe and is kind of a VIP or first class service. There is one that leaves from Bangkok that is cheaper but you are in a cramped bus, stay in a guesthouse instead of hotel etc.. If you can't find the contact info from either let me know and I will pm them to you if you want.

You still have to apply in person with an agent, he just fills out everything for you and skips all the lines at the embassy. So you can be sure the stamp is genuine. The one I took operates out of Pattaya only I believe and is kind of a VIP or first class service. There is one that leaves from Bangkok that is cheaper but you are in a cramped bus, stay in a guesthouse instead of hotel etc.. If you can't find the contact info from either let me know and I will pm them to you if you want.

I am flying from Phuket to Udon Thani so I guess I'll just do it myself.

Thanks for your input, Cheers.

I am flying from Phuket to Udon Thani so I guess I'll just do it myself.

Thanks for your input, Cheers.

No problem, good luck! If you can post an update whether or not you got the visa, I am sure it would be appreciated by some people here.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my 2X tr visa.

When I got to the window I submitted the application and passport and a copy of the passport. The man quickly flipped thru the passport and gave it back to me and said to get a copy of this page. The page was my most recent entry stamp into Thailand about 90 days prior and exit stamp (same day I entered Laos) and the Laos entry stamp. When I returned with the copy he further looked over everything and I asked if there was anything else he might want. His reply was "what do you have". So I gave him everything I had. That included a copy of my lease, a copy of the house owners ID, a copy of the house blue book, my most recent bank statements and a copy of an e ticket departing 84 days later and returning the same day. He looked at everything and stapled the lot to my application.

It may have been overkill but after two times having problems getting visas in Singapore and then Penang I try to be as thorough as I can. It is such a hassle if you have to start the process over again.