Thai Spouse Visa In Kuala Lumpur

Hello,

Married with a thai woman I have actually a tourist visa, I plan to fly from Phuket on monday 21 november to Kuala Lumpur to apply for the first time for a Non Immigrant O visa. What kind of document do I have to provide to the thai ambassy ? How long to get the visa please ? If I apply on tuesday can I catch a fly to go back on wednesday evening ?

Thanks a lot for your help :rolleyes:

Correct.

thanks again, but i don't understand, i want to live with my wife here in thailand, do i need to apply for multiple Non O ?

When i 'll be back to Phuket with my visa, do i have the right to stay for 3 months and then i can go to the office immigration to register my address and get 3 months more right ? Do i have to go to a thai ambassy again in a foreign country again ?

Thanks again

Edited by april81

We really do not need the bold font. If you can qualify for one year extension of stay from immigration only one single entry visa will be required (and you could do that inside Thailand if you can show the financials. That would be 400k in bank account in your name or 40k per month income. Otherwise you must leave country every 90 day (or extend 60 and then leave) for a new visa entry.

Correct.

thanks again, but i don't understand, i want to live with my wife here in thailand, do i need to apply for multiple Non O ?

When i 'll be back to Phuket with my visa, do i have the right to stay for 3 months and then i can go to the office immigration to register my address and get 3 months more right ? Do i have to go to a thai ambassy again in a foreign country again ?

Thanks again

Each entry into Thailand with a non-immigrant "O" visa gets you a 90 day permission to stay stamp. To get another 90 days you would have to exit Thailand and return. You do this with a multiple-entry visa that is usually valid for 1 year. Address registration is for those with a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage or retirement etc, not those here on a 90 day entry stamp.

We really do not need the bold font. If you can qualify for one year extension of stay from immigration only one single entry visa will be required (and you could do that inside Thailand if you can show the financials. That would be 400k in bank account in your name or 40k per month income. Otherwise you must leave country every 90 day (or extend 60 and then leave) for a new visa entry.

[/quote

I still don't undestand sorry, actually i have a tourist visa, i'm married with a thai woman and i have 400.000 bahts in my account bank, so do i need to go out to go a thai ambassy in a foreign country to get an non immigrant o visa ? I want to stay in Thailand as long as possible with my wife so i have to ask a multiple visa right ? This multiple visa is for 1 year and i have to go every 3 month in office immigration ?

No. You go to Immigration to convert your tourist visa entry to non immigrant entry (if you have more than a week or so remaining) and after that is issued in 60 days or so apply for one year extension of stay from immigration. Cost is 2k to change and 1.9k to extend for one year. Some immigration offices can not do the change so you would visit Bangkok for that process.

If you do not have time remaining to do this you go and get single entry non immigrant visa from a Consulate and then 60 days later do the extension of stay at immigration.

No. You go to Immigration to convert your tourist visa entry to non immigrant entry (if you have more than a week or so remaining) and after that is issued in 60 days or so apply for one year extension of stay from immigration. Cost is 2k to change and 1.9k to extend for one year. Some immigration offices can not do the change so you would visit Bangkok for that process.

If you do not have time remaining to do this you go and get single entry non immigrant visa from a Consulate and then 60 days later do the extension of stay at immigration.

Sorry last question. Do i have to come with my wife to the immigration of Bangkok ?

Thanks again :rolleyes: