Advice On Booking A Fully Refundable Air Ticket

Pakaty

I want to book an air ticket out of Thailand that I will most likely not be using. A ticket to anywhere nearby Thailand from any airport in Thailand.

Does anyone have experience booking an air ticket and getting it refunded? I would like to book online with an airline that will give a refund and not a credit for a future booking and will not make me jump through hoops in the process.

A fully refundable ticket would be typically be of a higher price class than the cheapest option, but in your case the price class is of little consequence because of refunding anyway.

Do a ghost booking and check the conditions of the ticket offered.

Yermanee :jap:

If you have an old e-ticket booking I've heard it's fairly easy to use MS Word/Photoshop to create yourself a new ticket...

I had recently experience with Singapore Airlines and Korean Airlines.I had full fare economy tickets.SQ, I tried to refund in place where I bought it - airport office,but visit in town office was necessary and I lost refund fee.

Korean Air ticket refund was quick formality and no refund fee.In past - SwissAir ticket was very easy:I bought one in transit,I refunded 30 mins later - after crossing immigration without loss.

First class tickets are the best for such operation,you can treat them like cheques.

You have to buy ticket in airline office.

Edited by BabySun

Whatever airline you eventually decide to use, there will almost certainly be a fee for cancellation, so you'd likely not get the whole amount back. Why not have a look on Air Asia's website and pick up a cheap flight from there then forget about it.

I've considered that. 1500B HKT - KUL on AA

I got my ticket refunded a couple of years ago but it took them fully 60 days to refund the amount into my bank.

You getting a new Tourist visa in Singapore ? They expect an onward ticket when you get one there....

What airline was that? Last time I went to Singapore to apply for a T.V. the lady would not even take the application. She said, "you just came from Thailand you cannot apply". That was years ago and I posted on it. I'm going to Laos this time.

Edited by Pakaty

If you have an old e-ticket booking I've heard it's fairly easy to use MS Word/Photoshop to create yourself a new ticket...

I had recently experience with Singapore Airlines and Korean Airlines.I had full fare economy tickets.SQ, I tried to refund in place where I bought it - airport office,but visit in town office was necessary and I lost refund fee.

Korean Air ticket refund was quick formality and no refund fee.In past - SwissAir ticket was very easy:I bought one in transit,I refunded 30 mins later - after crossing immigration without loss.

First class tickets are the best for such operation,you can treat them like cheques.

You have to buy ticket in airline office.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I'll take a pass on forging a new ticket. :unsure: It is tempting though.