How Much ?

johnboy3739w

People have been warning for days for folks to stock-up on essentials...but were derided by some. If you still can, stock up on food essentials especially processed foods and dairy...and don't forget the pets), toiletries (and for the women, this includes feminine hygiene products, which are now very hard to find), drinking water, transportation fuel (keep you car or moto topped-up), cooking gas (have an extra canister), prescription meds if applicable, and have a months worth of living expenses in cash (not in a bank account/ATM machine, which may be unavailable if the network goes down because the Bangkok head offices flood or trucks are unable to make the rounds to re-fill them).

Edited by FarangBuddha

If you start drinking seawater you'll be dead in about 4 days. I hope you were joking !

Somewhere in the Bangkok sub-forum I think, someone posted the instructions for a home-distillation process, which I assume would remove the sodium chloride in the water as well as other contaminants.

If you start drinking seawater you'll be dead in about 4 days. I hope you were joking !

just returned from a trip into pattaya for dinner

traffic was a pain, took an hour to get in from the lake

anyway its a water subject so i happened to call in at family mart on the corner of the soi where the jolly friar and china garden is

i didn't go in for water but noted they had loads in those thin plastic bottles and were restricted to x2 per person price was 15baht

i thought, if they have bottled water on offer in the heart of the soi bacuao tourist area then surely there can't be much of a problem elsewhere?

anyway its a water subject so i happened to call in at family mart on the corner of the soi where the jolly friar and china garden is

i didn't go in for water but noted they had loads in those thin plastic bottles and were restricted to x2 per person price was 15baht

i thought, if they have bottled water on offer in the heart of the soi bacuao tourist area then surely there can't be much of a problem elsewhere?

Pattaya is going to be a cluster-<snip> for some time until all the Bangkok refugees return home; so another benefit of stocking up on stuff is you can eat at home, get caught up on your reading or video viewing, and not have to deal with the horrendous traffic jams. :D

Edited by metisdead
Expletive removed.

Went into Makro 2 days ago when they just released what I think was 5 pallets of 1.5 liter bottles of water.Took about 10 minutes to be empty as people were loading like 10 six packs a person.

Looked also like Makro employees were taking orders by phone as the were loading several of those flatbed trolleys and then just placed them near the check outs.

Pattaya is going to be a cluster-<snip> for some time until all the Bangkok refugees return home; so another benefit of stocking up on stuff is you can eat at home, get caught up on your reading or video viewing, and not have to deal with the horrendous traffic jams. :D

you do have a knack of stating the obvious but i will be damned if i am forced into being a prisoner in my own guilded cage by a few refugees ........

Calm doon peeps!!

I was in Tesco on Chaiyapruek 2 this morning about 06.30... sems to be business as usual?? Shelves full, no price hikes, they even had Farmhouse bread, they had water but it was all on pallets on the floor-dont know if it would reach the shelves or not??

Machine water still 1B/ltr. Bring your own container.

I got to ask.................................where are these machines for water, being lazy I have just bought bottled water and before that I had my own filter system hooked up to my condo domestic supply until I moved......

PS would posters please add the extra topic line

This is incorrect , we must assume he will drink Pattaya beach sea water which will probably kill him in about 4 minutes :o