3G Ais , Sim Card Eating My Balance

ThaiLife

Ive managed to set up and get running my USB aircard modem , its been running well on AIS 3G , using a pay as you go SIM card , yesterday I noticed the the balance had gone down to 59 Baht , so I decided to top the balance up to over 200 Baht , then I did not use the modem again at all, but it was switched on and connected , To day the USB aircard would not connect, and I got this come on screen ... ( my Thai translation )

From +022719000

Balance is not enough to connect

So after I topped up the SIM cards credit yesterday to over 200 Baht to day its gone ?

I'm wondering where the last top up credit went to, is there some thing going on or checking things in the back ground and at the same time eating the balance up.

Any Ideas please ?

:jap:

The thing to remember in Thailand is that even when using a data package, the package is based on time & not download volume. i.e. 6 hours, 10 hours or whatever. In Oz, all plans are based on volume, so you can stay connected, but if you're downloading / accessing anything, you're not paying.

Conversely in Thailand, you simply have to be connected to 3G or even Edge and even though you may not be doing anything or accessing anything, the clock's ticking!

I've been caught out exactly the same way and had my balance disappear overnight!

The only solution is the tedious process of when you want to use 3G or Edge, turning on 'mobile data' on your handset and then when you're finished, going back into settings and turning off 'mobile data'. And if you forget to do this, then you'll likely lose your balance!

Very tedious, as it can take a while after switching on 'mobile data' to connect properly to 3G / Edge. But it truly is the only way to safeguard yourself.

Good luck!

The thing to remember in Thailand is that even when using a data package, the package is based on time & not download volume. i.e. 6 hours, 10 hours or whatever. In Oz, all plans are based on volume, so you can stay connected, but if you're downloading / accessing anything, you're not paying.

Conversely in Thailand, you simply have to be connected to 3G or even Edge and even though you may not be doing anything or accessing anything, the clock's ticking!

I've been caught out exactly the same way and had my balance disappear overnight!

The only solution is the tedious process of when you want to use 3G or Edge, turning on 'mobile data' on your handset and then when you're finished, going back into settings and turning off 'mobile data'. And if you forget to do this, then you'll likely lose your balance!

Very tedious, as it can take a while after switching on 'mobile data' to connect properly to 3G / Edge. But it truly is the only way to safeguard yourself.

Good luck!

Nope, not true, all providers now doing 24/7 on packages, prices depend on download data, from 150 Baht/month for 150 Mb (good for mobile use) up to 4 Gb/month for 799 Baht (on AIS/One2call, Edge or 3G where available).

Nope, not true, all providers now doing 24/7 on packages, prices depend on download data, from 150 Baht/month for 150 Mb (good for mobile use) up to 4 Gb/month for 799 Baht (on AIS/One2call, Edge or 3G where available).

Nope, not true :) Or can You show me how I can get 4gb for 799b? But why I would even want that because unlimited costs same 799b? And one more thing, it's edge, 3g or GPRS where available, on AIS.

AIS dataplans

http://www.ais.co.th/mobileinternet/internet-package/

DTAC/Happy

http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333&Itemid=368〈=en#