Forum Issue : Images Not Loading

manutoo

Hello,

since I came back to Thailand almost 2 weeks ago, the Forum is pretty slow, and most images, including emoticons & avatars, aren't loaded.

It seems to getting slightly better as today I got about 10 or 20% of images loading.

I'm using Firefox 3.6, but I just check with IE9 & Chrome and got the same result.

Is it because the Forum is overcrowded ?

Note: a search with "image loading" didn't return anything...

EDIT: I'm on TRUE Adsl

Edited by manutoo

As far as I recall, I had the exact same problem during my trip in France, so I doubt it depends of the DNS or ISP...

And just checked through a French proxy, and some images loaded, but not all, and it was very slow...

A DNS problem would likely mean that nothing load, which is not the case.

static.thaivisa.com translates to 209.190.1.125, and ping is stable at around 300ms, without packet dropping.

And I don't get this kind of trouble on any of the other websites I frequent regularly...

I've also noticed Thai Visa has become slower in the last few days..

The floods have caused traffic to jump considerably, at a time when Thai ISPs are having some real issues. :(

10033 active user(s) (in the past 60 minutes)

Haven't seen it less than that for a few days now. Suspect a lot of network rerouting going on to get around flooded or power outages at exchanges and may affect some members more than others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been having the same problems and not the first time either. Been using TOT outside the floods and True inside the flooded areas and got very sick of seeing waiting for static.thaivisa.

For the first time in days half an hour ago things started working again as they should. Changing DNS made no difference.